FORScan Crowdsourced Wiki

PonyXpress

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Update: I went back and looked at everything, tested everything and all of my changes are working as expected, except the Daytime running lights. At first, I thought they were working, but today is a sunny day and they do not come on even though they are Enabled. I tried reprogramming it by first turning the light switch off (I leave on Auto). Connected and disabled the Daytime running lights using the bcm menu. After Writing and disconnecting, turning everything off. I then connected and changed the Daytime lights to Enable, write and disconnected. The daytime running lights remain off with the light switch in the Off position or in the Auto position. of course they turn on if I put the light switch to Parking lights. I'm not sure why, but the double honk, Raptor for the Sync screen, 3 doo doo doo and Bambi all work as expected. I don't understand why the change for the daytime running lights doesn't work on my truck.

I also found the setting in the BCM for the Remote Start Parking lights. Somehow it got disabled. After I enabled it, they come now when I remote start just like before. Weird how they got disabled??

Any ideas or suggestions on how to get the Daytime running lights working? I would try changing via hex if I knew t he module numbers.
Sponsored

Last edited:

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
I just went to the Ford as-built to retrieve the factory settings and while it did list a lot of settings, it does not list them all. For example, the list is missing the 726-x so the bambi and the double honk are not listed in my report (used my VIN).

In ForScan, they are listed and I was able to change them.

Does anyone know why some of the settings are missing from the Ford VIN report?

@gfitzge2 I must have screwed up when I did this. So I really goofed and forgot to do the Backup before making changes. As mentioned above, the Ford VIN report doesn't list everything.

Can you please open ForScan and look up the Daytime running lights module and take a screenshot of the settings? I would like to compare yours with mine.

update: I just realized that using the ui to change things does't tell you the hex numbers for the Daytime running lights, so not sure which line is for that. Maybe if we can figure that out, we can add it to page one so people can change manually via hex.
This is the screen I used to make my change. I took this screen shot when i did it. I may not get to hook up today but I will when I can. As you probably already know I think the settings are in the 726-26 and 726-45 and 726-50 range. I will try to get these settings when I hook up. You may already know this but remember that the truck must be in gear fr the DRLs to work.

upload_2020-1-10_18-35-2.png

PonyXpress

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
You may already know this but remember that the truck must be in gear fr the DRLs to work.
NO! I didn't know that, holly cow. Thank you very much sir! This made my day :)

I just checked and they are working as expected. I was testing this in my driveway so I never put in Drive. To add to it, the installment panel does not show the "lights on" icon so I also thought it wasn't working. The "lights on" icon does illuminates when you turn on the lights with switch (other than Auto in the daytime). I had to put it in gear with the parking brake set, then get out and go look. All good to go now, and it was likely working from the first attempt. Same as you, It's cool having these lights on, as this means my raptor grill lights are always on. :)

I still want to understand why the VIN report doesn't list all of the modules and settings. I know I should have performed a backup first, lessen learned. But now I need the as built data so i can return things to normal when I take to Ford for service, which I'll need to do soon. The tail light/brake light recall was recently announced.

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
NO! I didn't know that, holly cow. Thank you very much sir! This made my day :)

I just checked and they are working as expected. I was testing this in my driveway so I never put in Drive. To add to it, the installment panel does not show the "lights on" icon so I also thought it wasn't working. The "lights on" icon does illuminates when you turn on the lights with switch (other than Auto in the daytime). I had to put it in gear with the parking brake set, then get out and go look. All good to go now, and it was likely working from the first attempt. Same as you, It's cool having these lights on, as this means my raptor grill lights are always on. :)

I still want to understand why the VIN report doesn't list all of the modules and settings. I know I should have performed a backup first, lessen learned. But now I need the as built data so i can return things to normal when I take to Ford for service, which I'll need to do soon. The tail light/brake light recall was recently announced.

Glad I could help and glad everything is working. I went through a similar process. Parking brake and getting out to see, been there done that:). I think I learned about the in gear thing on this forum. It has been a wealth of information.

I wonder if anyone has gotten any grief from Ford about forscan changes.

snic2

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
I took my Ranger back for the tail light recall and they didn't say anything. Just a puzzled look at the Raptor screen. I did take the tune out of it just in case they updated the ECU.

PonyXpress

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I took my Ranger back for the tail light recall and they didn't say anything. Just a puzzled look at the Raptor screen. I did take the tune out of it just in case they updated the ECU.
Cool, thank for sharing. I was curious if they would say anything or ask you about it.

BTW, the notice for the tail light recall says they don't have a fix yet. Did they fix yours? If yes, what was replaced?

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Engineer
You need a 'Do Not Flash' cover for the port, I have one on mine and I don't even have a tune.

orangegrower

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Aston Martin Vantage - 2019 Shelby GT350 - 2019 Ranger Lariat
You need a 'Do Not Flash' cover for the port, I have one on mine and I don't even have a tune.
Why would you not want the latest updates, fixes and improvements?

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Engineer
Why would you not want the latest updates, fixes and improvements?
well, if I have a custom tune I don't want to have it overwritten, and if they have an update I want to be notified before it's installed.

orangegrower

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Aston Martin Vantage - 2019 Shelby GT350 - 2019 Ranger Lariat
well, if I have a custom tune I don't want to have it overwritten, and if they have an update I want to be notified before it's installed.
I you have a custom tune and have an engine problem you are screwed no matter what.

snic2

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Cool, thank for sharing. I was curious if they would say anything or ask you about it.

BTW, the notice for the tail light recall says they don't have a fix yet. Did they fix yours? If yes, what was replaced?
They said it was ok. It took less than an hour so I'm guessing they didn't fix anything

Nutty 5.0

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 LB Super Crew, 2012 GT500, 2015 VW GSW TDI
Vehicle Showcase
Having issues connecting with my 2020 using ELM and now bought the FORDSCAN approved and same issue.
Anyone else experienced this?

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Having issues connecting with my 2020 using ELM and now bought the FORDSCAN approved and same issue.
Anyone else experienced this?
What is the error/issue you are seeing?

Nutty 5.0

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 LB Super Crew, 2012 GT500, 2015 VW GSW TDI
Vehicle Showcase