JoJo

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Thanks! Questions;
has anyone utilized the new configuration modules where you don’t have to modify any numerical/alphabetical characters(more simplified, enable/disable or options listed)?
Is there a diff between the two?
Easier to modify?
Probability of succeeding in changes in one then the other?
One reason why I ask is I attempted changing the theme and a few other things in the simplified section and it didn’t work. A few did including Key chime, raptor splash screen.
Any thoughts, assistance, solutions would be greatly appreciated.
global windows, start/stop, Bambi mode also I don’t believe worked. Vehicle just shuts off and I receive an error. I did read something about not choosing my saved vehicle though. Will try again without choosing my saved vehicle shortly.
Sponsored

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks! Questions;
has anyone utilized the new configuration modules where you don’t have to modify any numerical/alphabetical characters(more simplified, enable/disable or options listed)?
Easier to modify?
One reason why I ask is I attempted changing the theme and a few other things in the simplified section and it didn’t work. A few did including Key chime, raptor splash screen.
I used the menus for these ;

Disable double horn honk.
Bambi mode.
Corner light mode for fog lights.
Daytime running includes park lights.

They all worked after I remembered to hit the Write button after changing the settings. I think it is a bit safer and easier than messing with the Hex numbers. I did have to use the Hex codes to adjust the speedometer for larger tires.

upload_2019-12-28_10-53-21.png

Last edited:

JoJo

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
I used the menus for these ;

Disable double horn honk.
Bambi mode.
Corner light mode for fog lights.
Daytime running includes park lights.

They all worked after I remembered to hit the Write button after changing the settings. I think it is a bit safer and easier than messing with the Hex numbers. I did have to use the Hex codes to adjust the speedometer for larger tires.

upload_2019-12-28_10-53-21.png
Thanks. That’s the menu I’ve been mainly utilizing as well. Not sure if this helped, but after not choosing my saved vehicle;I was able to get Bambi mode and the 4x4 cluster display. Did try hex with background for Lincoln timeless(black icons) with no success, but when I tried Lincoln next(light icons)and key cycled the ranger and it worked. Afraid to try for timeless again cause the background already looks way better than the default. Another thing I don’t recall exactly what I did but I tried a few things trying to turn the 3 chime on start off with no success until finally all of a sudden it just stopped. Also noticed, instead of my 12v connection I have my New 12 inch dash cam connected turns off a few sec after truck shut off now so it doesn’t stay on for extended amount of time. Something I was researching a solution since I received it. I believe I did Hex for key fob 2 press. Was going to attempt disabling stop/start but believe I should be ok and pass on that for now. Didn’t attempt auto folding mirrors or global windows again to see if I can get them going without choosing saved vehicle. Debating..if I do I’ll let y’all know. Progression not perfection.

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. That’s the menu I’ve been mainly utilizing as well. Not sure if this helped, but after not choosing my saved vehicle;I was able to get Bambi mode and the 4x4 cluster display. Did try hex with background for Lincoln timeless(black icons) with no success, but when I tried Lincoln next(light icons)and key cycled the ranger and it worked. Afraid to try for timeless again cause the background already looks way better than the default. Another thing I don’t recall exactly what I did but I tried a few things trying to turn the 3 chime on start off with no success until finally all of a sudden it just stopped. Also noticed, instead of my 12v connection I have my New 12 inch dash cam connected turns off a few sec after truck shut off now so it doesn’t stay on for extended amount of time. Something I was researching a solution since I received it. I believe I did Hex for key fob 2 press. Was going to attempt disabling stop/start but believe I should be ok and pass on that for now. Didn’t attempt auto folding mirrors or global windows again to see if I can get them going without choosing saved vehicle. Debating..if I do I’ll let y’all know. Progression not perfection.

I think that i remember from other threads on this forum that auto folding mirrors on the ranger is not a forscan option like it is on F150s. Something about no door control module. I think there is a hardware option available. I am sure if I had global windows I would come out to a down poor and see all four windows open. I have heard of it happening to someone.:) Early on I purchased an auto stop eliminator that lets the button setting to be remembered. It works well. Now I have control of if I want it on or off.

devbloggs

First Name
Devbloggs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
some of the theme's need both the boot screen and the theme changed for the theme to work, e.g when i use the GT theme, it wouldn't work until i changed the boot screen to the GT screen. Not sure if this is just how mine has worked or not.

Last edited:

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
Folks, let's keep questions on the other thread and keep this one uncluttered. This is for listing what's been verified to work.

Psykostevo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks! Questions;
Easier to modify?
There are more options available to change currently in the “Hex” changes, versus the UI options.

When you made the changes using the UI list of Enable/Disable did you make sure to “WRITE” your changes after you made them?

PonyXpress

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I didn't see the "Daytime running includes park lights" mode listed on page 1. Can you please add it?

What will change after making this change?

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't see the "Daytime running includes park lights" mode listed on page 1. Can you please add it?

What will change after making this change?
Done

On my Lariet the DRL lights are the LED lights that outline the headlights. With this enabled the Parking lights, also called marker lights, also come on. Since this is where I wired in my raptor grill lights now they are on with the DRLs. That is why I did that one. I figure a little extra visibility with having the other marker lights on as well cant be a bad thing.

PonyXpress

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Done

On my Lariet the DRL lights are the LED lights that outline the headlights. With this enabled the Parking lights, also called marker lights, also come on. Since this is where I wired in my raptor grill lights now they are on with the DRLs. That is why I did that one. I figure a little extra visibility with having the other marker lights on as well cant be a bad thing.
Cool - thank you!

PonyXpress

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Done

I enabled the Daytime running lights. After doing so, my running lights do not come on initially when I remote start my truck. Before this change, when remote starting, the running lights come on as well. After this change they only come on after I unlock my truck.

Does your work the same way? I just want to be sure I didn't goof anything up.

I also enabled bambi, disabled double honk, and the 3 doo doo doo at start up, and last I changed sync screen to Raptor.

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
I enabled the Daytime running lights. After doing so, my running lights do not come on initially when I remote start my truck. Before this change, when remote starting, the running lights come on as well. After this change they only come on after I unlock my truck.

Does your work the same way? I just want to be sure I didn't goof anything up.

I also enabled bambi, disabled double honk, and the 3 doo doo doo at start up, and last I changed sync screen to Raptor.

OK. I just stepped outside and remote started. The lights came on. It is dark out and my light switch is on auto. I am not sure that matters, but I will try in again tomorrow when it is light out.

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
If I can change the panic button and the double beep it’s worth it to me to get this. I’ll have to find one.

PonyXpress

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I just went to the Ford as-built to retrieve the factory settings and while it did list a lot of settings, it does not list them all. For example, the list is missing the 726-x so the bambi and the double honk are not listed in my report (used my VIN).

In ForScan, they are listed and I was able to change them.

Does anyone know why some of the settings are missing from the Ford VIN report?

OK. I just stepped outside and remote started. The lights came on. It is dark out and my light switch is on auto. I am not sure that matters, but I will try in again tomorrow when it is light out.
@gfitzge2 I must have screwed up when I did this. So I really goofed and forgot to do the Backup before making changes. As mentioned above, the Ford VIN report doesn't list everything.

Can you please open ForScan and look up the Daytime running lights module and take a screenshot of the settings? I would like to compare yours with mine.

update: I just realized that using the ui to change things does't tell you the hex numbers for the Daytime running lights, so not sure which line is for that. Maybe if we can figure that out, we can add it to page one so people can change manually via hex.
Sponsored

Last edited: