FORScan Crowdsourced Wiki

robsquatch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
Where do I download the ForScan software? My ELM327 device is arriving today but I don't see a place to download the software anywhere.
Sponsored

Hambone437

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Ranger Lariat 4x4 Magnetic Gray / 2020 Explorer Limited RWD Magnetic Gray
Vehicle Showcase
Where do I download the ForScan software? My ELM327 device is arriving today but I don't see a place to download the software anywhere.
Go to forscan.org and click on the products tab. That will take you to the software download page.

robsquatch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How do I obtain an extended license and how much does it cost?

Hambone437

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
How do I obtain an extended license and how much does it cost?
When you download the software you have to register with ForScan and you get 2 months free. After that you have to purchase the license for either 1, 3, 5 years or lifetime for $10, $20, $30, or $50 respectively. All that info is on the forscan web site for your reading pleasure.

robsquatch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When you download the software you have to register with ForScan and you get 2 months free. After that you have to purchase the license for either 1, 3, 5 years or lifetime for $10, $20, $30, or $50 respectively. All that info is on the forscan web site for your reading pleasure.
Thanks. Nobody in the forum mentioned registering, waiting for approval, then getting a trial license. Was kind of surprised when I figured all of that out. I was able to read all of my modules, just not able to write. Kind of bummed I have to wait. Thanks for the confirmation on everything.

Hambone437

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. Nobody in the forum mentioned registering, waiting for approval, then getting a trial license. Was kind of surprised when I figured all of that out. I was able to read all of my modules, just not able to write. Kind of bummed I have to wait. Thanks for the confirmation on everything.
Yeah, Iā€™ve been geeking out on making some changes and reading all the modules. Just be careful and keep track of all the changes you make. I usually snap a screen shot of the changes with my phone so I can remember exactly what I changed. Iā€™m definitely buying a license when my free trial expires. You can use the free trial twice by the way, so you can actually get 4 months free. You just request another trial license. I think they allow no more then two trial licenses per account. Someone here can correct me if Iā€™m wrong.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, Iā€™ve been geeking out on making some changes and reading all the modules. Just be careful and keep track of all the changes you make. I usually snap a screen shot of the changes with my phone so I can remember exactly what I changed. Iā€™m definitely buying a license when my free trial expires. You can use the free trial twice by the way, so you can actually get 4 months free. You just request another trial license. I think they allow no more then two trial licenses per account. Someone here can correct me if Iā€™m wrong.
I thought you could continue to use the two month trial licenses indefinitely - it was just going thru the hassle of getting a new license every two months. If you didn't want that hassle, you could pay for a longer license. But I could be wrong. I checked the license page and it isn't quite clear to me.

toddiscdn

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X4
I thought you could continue to use the two month trial licenses indefinitely - it was just going thru the hassle of getting a new license every two months. If you didn't want that hassle, you could pay for a longer license. But I could be wrong. I checked the license page and it isn't quite clear to me.
Thats my understanding as well, Im on #3 trial licence with no issues.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Thats my understanding as well, Im on #3 trial licence with no issues.
I've only done one license, but at this point (unless I find some other changes I want to make), I've probably made all the tweaks I'm going to make, so it isn't a big deal. I think I've changed about a dozen items or so. I probably should have kept better track of all the ones I changes - I did save my initial config, however. This is what I think I've changed thus far (but I might have made a tweak or two in addition to these as I was doing things):
  • Instantaneous Fuel Economy Numerical Gauge
  • Intelligent 4WD Gauge
  • Intelligent 4WD Gauge Mode Feature
  • Silent Mode Control Menu
  • DTE (Distance to Empty) Sensitivity Menu
  • Frost Tell tale
  • Disable Double Horn Honk
  • Bambi mode (AKA all forward lights or Six-High)
  • Changing Sync3 Boot Screen
  • Double press for panic alarm
At any rate, it is a cool thing to be able to tweak some of these items. I love FORScan!

toddiscdn

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X4
Heres one I havent found yet, while backing my boat down the ramp and up the driveway, its sometimes nice to open the door to see whats happening while backing up. Ive disabled the door open chime, but it chimes quite vigorously to tell you that the tranny is not in park while the door is open. Anyone seen a way to disable that one?

Hambone437

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Heres one I havent found yet, while backing my boat down the ramp and up the driveway, its sometimes nice to open the door to see whats happening while backing up. Ive disabled the door open chime, but it chimes quite vigorously to tell you that the tranny is not in park while the door is open. Anyone seen a way to disable that one?
Have you disable all the chime options in the IPC Module? Iā€™m assuming you disabled the door open while engine is running option?

IPC Module Config.pdf

Attachments

robsquatch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was able to make a lot of changes but it seems it was done differently than what the ForScan Wiki shows. I didnā€™t have to replace any digits in any lines of code. After I would read a module it would show a very descriptive name of a feature, itā€™s current status, then the option to edit and write back to that module. I have the Raptor splash screen now, auto stop/start is disabled, and Bambi mode is turned on. All verified as working.

However, one feature that I really wanted to edit was to eliminate the AM/FM sources since I never use them. Canā€™t seem to find that option. Any ideas?

DBaz

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Originally you had to enter codes...that was updated to menu items for many of the features.

DBaz

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
I was able to make a lot of changes but it seems it was done differently than what the ForScan Wiki shows. I didnā€™t have to replace any digits in any lines of code. After I would read a module it would show a very descriptive name of a feature, itā€™s current status, then the option to edit and write back to that module. I have the Raptor splash screen now, auto stop/start is disabled, and Bambi mode is turned on. All verified as working.

However, one feature that I really wanted to edit was to eliminate the AM/FM sources since I never use them. Canā€™t seem to find that option. Any ideas?
There is an AM/FM Menu option in IPC Module Configuration. Haven't tried it yet.
Sponsored