FordPass App (for iPhone) started closing immediately upon opening

LarryJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ranger, 1997 BMW Z3, 2010 VW Tiguan
Hi. We set up the FordPass app at the Dealership when we picked up the new Ranger. Subsequently I’ve used it twice to remotely start the truck. This morning when I open the App, it goes to the ford logo for a couple of seconds and then closes. Anyone else experiencing and any solutions. This is not something I typically experience on my iPhoneX
Sponsored

Murphie

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X2, 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe
Occupation
Financial Auditor - Retired
Hi. We set up the FordPass app at the Dealership when we picked up the new Ranger. Subsequently I’ve used it twice to remotely start the truck. This morning when I open the App, it goes to the ford logo for a couple of seconds and then closes. Anyone else experiencing and any solutions. This is not something I typically experience on my iPhoneX
I just got a popup on my iPhone stating "Fordpass just got a major upgrade!". But the app itself was updated 04/09, and it looks the same to me. There is a message in the app that says "FordPass just got a major upgrade. As a FordPass user, you..." and that's it. o_O

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I just got a popup on my iPhone stating "Fordpass just got a major upgrade!". But the app itself was updated 04/09, and it looks the same to me. There is a message in the app that says "FordPass just got a major upgrade. As a FordPass user, you..." and that's it. o_O
I have Android, but thus far I have not found the FordPass app to be very robust. I don't see any recent updates to the app on my phone either.

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
What version do you have? I'm on FordPass version 2.9.1 with an iPhone 7+, updated a week ago. No issues using it.

OP
OP

LarryJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ranger, 1997 BMW Z3, 2010 VW Tiguan
Mine's working. Last update I see was on 4/12
My guess is that my problem with the app started after that update. Guess I will have to try reinstalling.

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
Ford pass was attempted by salesman no go. I attempted it the next day and no go. It kept sending me messages to start eng and tap screen to accept. I dont have a sync 3. I just ignored it. I had decided that I wouldnt need it anyway. It kept sending me messages on what to do and finally after 3 days it worked I think. I probably wont use it much except to tinker with. It gave 3 oil changes so whatever. I am not going to pay for it when it runs out.
Sponsored