Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
65 YO Juvenile Delinquent
Ok,
After an app update last week on iPhone I couldn’t get my oil life.
Now I’m getting this message. Is my battery going? I just got home from work an hour ago.
99CBE1A3-21C4-48E6-A1BE-5B59BC734773.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
canyonslicker

canyonslicker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
65 YO Juvenile Delinquent
Sorry 2021 Lariat FX4 bought new May 1st 2021.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
If you mostly drive it short distances it never has time to get fully charged. I'd bring it in and have them test it and get a free replacement ( if it fails) under warranty. Then hook it up to a battery maintainer. I had to do this just over a year ago and it's been fine since.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I drive 15 miles each way. Stop and go CA style. ASS always off.
Sounds like it could be the problem there. They are covered under the 3/36 so I'd have them check it out. Might as well try and get a free one on their dime.

GTHAYS

First Name
Glynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XL STX
Occupation
23 Years in Prison on the 8 hour installment plan. (Retired, intact)
If you mostly drive it short distances it never has time to get fully charged. I'd bring it in and have them test it and get a free replacement ( if it fails) under warranty. Then hook it up to a battery maintainer. I had to do this just over a year ago and it's been fine since.
Can you show tellhow you put the bsttery tender on? I use them on my quads and my old 03 F150...But this appears daunting for us older me?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Can you show tellhow you put the bsttery tender on? I use them on my quads and my old 03 F150...But this appears daunting for us older me?
Glynn, I hard wired mine to the battery and ran a longer lead down and out through the front tow hook. This way it's easy to quick connect it without always having to open the hood to attach it.

I bought this one here with my FordPass points but you can by the same one on Amazon cheaper here. This is the longer lead if you decide to go that route.

Just remember to ground it to the body and not to the negative on the battery. This is where I grounded mine.

IMG_3512.jpg

I ran the longer lead across the front and dropped it down to the tow hook. When you're not using it you can tuck it up inside the rubber boot on the tow hook. If you need any other pictures let me know and I can get some tomorrow when it's lighter outside.

IMG_4214.jpg

IMG_4212.jpg

IMG_4211.jpg

SigOris

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
Glynn, I hard wired mine to the battery and ran a longer lead down and out through the front tow hook. This way it's easy to quick connect it without always having to open the hood to attach it.

I bought this one here with my FordPass points but you can by the same one on Amazon cheaper here. This is the longer lead if you decide to go that route.

Just remember to ground it to the body and not to the negative on the battery. This is where I grounded mine.

IMG_3512.jpg

I ran the longer lead across the front and dropped it down to the tow hook. When you're not using it you can tuck it up inside the rubber boot on the tow hook. If you need any other pictures let me know and I can get some tomorrow when it's lighter outside.

IMG_4214.jpg

IMG_4212.jpg

IMG_4211.jpg
Curious why you advised not attaching the GND lead to the NEG terminal on the BATT.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman

IMG_3512.jpg

IMG_4214.jpg

IMG_4212.jpg

IMG_4211.jpg
What kind of 303/microfiber/damper/foam cannon/shamwow salesman drives around with an engine bay like that?

SigOris

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
yes, but its not necessarily due to the connection.
its just standard practice for sparks and explosive fumes.

if ya wanna go ahead and hook to your neg terminal go ahead. your truck.
or you could follow standard safety recommendations and do it the accepted way.
OK, so you’re mixing connecting jumper cables with a permanently mounted and connected float charger. If when you apply 120 VAC to the float charger there’s a spark at the battery then you did a piss poor connection at the BATT.

I have float charger permanently mounted on my Polaris Ranger and never get a spark at the battery when I plug it in.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
What kind of 303/microfiber/damper/foam cannon/shamwow salesman drives around with an engine bay like that?
See if you used their products you'd already know the answer. 303 doesn't have an engine bay cleaner yet. ?
Sponsored