JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
If the app was not clunky/slow to start up, I would maaaybe consider paying for the service if it was $10/month since I was too cheap to order remote start.

Now if they could link the app to Siri/Google Assistant, THAT would be convenient. Imagine just having your phone in your pocket, walking out the door and saying "Ok Google, Start the Ranger". I would pay for that!
I have Alexa start/stop my pickup and lock/unlock it too.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
If your Ranger is stolen its a useful feature :facepalm:
Naa, if my Ranger is stolen, I'm getting a new one with the Lariat package. I have Gap, and put miles on like it's going out of style.

Besides, even if the app shows a satellite image of the truck, it would likely be at the bottom of a lake, or in a chopshop before the cops in Metro Detroit would respond.

Ibeejd

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Flex, 1995 Ford Lightening and 2019 Ranger (ordered)
Yeah, I usually try and stock up on oil and filters when there is a sale. It doesn't stick around long, although my wife's car (a C-Max) takes 0w-20 - I didn't even know such a thing existed until we bought that car. I never skimp on filters either. I've kind of settled on Wix filters - I know Napa uses them as their brand filters, but reviews I've seen generally rate them as one of the best filters.

Thanks for the info - it is kind of nice to be able to log the oil changes - at least then if there is an issue Ford can't accuse you of not changing the oil on schedule.
Just because you log it there doesn't mean Ford will honor it as proof. You still need to keep your receipts as you would have in the past......

CWO2LT

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Sport trim 4 x 4, Hot Pepper Red, Line-X bed liner, Retrax Pro XR tonneau cover
The Fordpass App website now says that 2019 vehicles will get 2 years free service. 2020 vehicles will get 1 year. From the website:

**FordPass Connect, an optional feature on select vehicles (SYNC Connect for 2017/2018 model year vehicles), is required for certain remote features, and requires the FordPass App and FordPass Connect service (see App Terms for details. [Service on 2018 and prior model year vehicles includes a complimentary 5-year trial for remote features, excluding Wi-Fi hotspot, that starts with vehicle sales date (after which, fees apply).] [Service for 2019 vehicles includes a complimentary 2-year trial for remote features.] [Service for 2020 and later model year vehicles includes a complimentary 1-year trial for remote features, excluding Wi-Fi hotspot, and starts with vehicle sales date (after which, fees apply).]

robsquatch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
If the app was not clunky/slow to start up, I would maaaybe consider paying for the service if it was $10/month since I was too cheap to order remote start.

Now if they could link the app to Siri/Google Assistant, THAT would be convenient. Imagine just having your phone in your pocket, walking out the door and saying "Ok Google, Start the Ranger". I would pay for that!
There is a FordPass skill for Alexa that lets you do just that!! I've tested it a few times and it is pretty cool!!

djz

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Zanelli
There is a FordPass skill for Alexa that lets you do just that!! I've tested it a few times and it is pretty cool!!
I just set that up last night on my truck, there is also a $2 app for my Samsung watch that allows me to use my LTE enabled smartwatch to start the truck as well.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
I just set that up last night on my truck, there is also a $2 app for my Samsung watch that allows me to use my LTE enabled smartwatch to start the truck as well.
How very Batman :-D

Shavlik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I've been using this on my new ranger. Starting my truck while making my coffee before leaving is nice. Wife made fun of me for the first few days. Now she wants me to do the same thing on her Escape :LOL:

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Duh. Sometimes I can be stupid.... :LOL:
Yep! and Heavy on the Whatnot at that!:clap:

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

BDUb

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL 4x4, Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
No matter what the charge I will not be renewing after the free trial. I would rather take that money and use it for modifications and service on the truck.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No matter what the charge I will not be renewing after the free trial. I would rather take that money and use it for modifications and service on the truck.
I just can't wait until someone figures out how to unlock the modem from ATT. ATT sucks where I'm at, and they want entirely too much $ for a service that I can only use when the truck is running...

SteamiestOyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
I just can't wait until someone figures out how to unlock the modem from ATT. ATT sucks where I'm at, and they want entirely too much $ for a service that I can only use when the truck is running...
I've been looking into this. I think using the modem from a 2018 vehicle will work for Verizon

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've been looking into this. I think using the modem from a 2018 vehicle will work for Verizon
I've decided that paying 30/mo for a mi-fi is more economical and useful... Not only can it serve internet to tablets and stuff when we're on road trips, it continues to work properly when the truck is off, and out of range (like when hiking or whatever). I'm more convinced that this is Ford's way of getting the consumer to pay for their method by which to collect their data... I know they are going to collect it either way, but I'm not paying them for the privilege.
Sponsored