Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
So did 3.4.21265 change the icons?
To be honest I never paid close enough attention to their design to know. I just didn't like the super bright daylight screen so switched to night mode, like it much better. I use Apple Cap Play most of the time for Sirius music and Google maps.
Sponsored

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
To be honest I never paid close enough attention to their design to know. I just didn't like the super bright daylight screen so switched to night mode, like it much better. I use Apple Cap Play most of the time for Sirius music and Google maps.
Yeah, the Ford themes are pretty obnoxious in day mode. I used Forscan to change my Brand to "Lincoln" and selected one of the Lincoln themes. Then I run it in night mode with one of the darkest back grounds. More of a black/grey color than the Ford blue. I like the look of the Audio screen controls better too.

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
Yeah, the Ford themes are pretty obnoxious in day mode. I used Forscan to change my Brand to "Lincoln"
OK, that's a great idea, never crossed my mind. So now I get to play with Forscan some more, which theme did you like the best?

paval3

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Crewcab & 2003 Mountaineer Premier
I don't know if mine is on automatic update, so I don't know what version it is. Probably will be Monday until I sit in the Ranger to look as use the Mountaineer weekends to run and do errands. Anyway, a month or so ago I went in the settings somewhere and there were a few choices for changing the background. I went with a light green pattern that was there.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
OK, that's a great idea, never crossed my mind. So now I get to play with Forscan some more, which theme did you like the best?
I'm using "Lincoln Timeless" right now. Didn't find much difference between any of the Lincoln ones. Just stay away from the 10 inch ones and any that are portrait. They each give you 3 or 4 back grounds some actually have patterns in them. Its been a while since I changed mine so they may have added some choices with the latest update. You just have to play.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
@Big Blue Can you please share a picture of how it looks like? Thanks!!!
Here is what my home screen and audio screens look like with the Lincoln scheme and dark mode.
20211106_165013.jpg

20211106_164857.jpg

rydfree

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Super crew Lariet - Mercedes GLK
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
All the cool kids use night mode all the time. ?
Yep 1st thing I did when I started messing with the sync screen . Dark mode also blends in much better with the surrounding dash bezels.

Turbo Tim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Sales
Tried doing the update but it would not work, said I am on the most current version, but I am not...oh well.....

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hey all! I was driving into work this morning when my ford sync and touchscreen completely shut off. It rebooted while I was driving and a "system updated" icon appeared in the top right. When everything booted back up, the display was entirely different as far as colors and font etc; I absolutely hate it.

Did Ford release an update that changed layout? Is there a way I can revert back or change my layout? I messed around in the settings and couldn't find anything. I miss my old layout/appearance!

Thanks for the help in advance. Here is a picture of the new layout/color scheme. I tried a master reset and its the same.

IMG-7387.jpg
So I thought I’d post this here since it’s a new thread about the sync system. I’ve had this truck for about four weeks now and at least once a week I have to do a reset on it because The SiriusXM button will not work. It will not respond it won’t do squat.
Once I reset it it works fine for about a week and then it freezes up again. Everything else seems to work II’m about to take it in to the dealership with a video of me trying to get it to work and having to do the reset by pushing the power and fast forward button at the same time for about five seconds or seven seconds whatever it is.
Anyone else had this issue and if so what was your remedy if anything?
apologies if this is too far off topic.
Sponsored