First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Get ready to pay more sooner than later. Ford announces they will raise prices starting in June and have removed all rebates. Surprisingly the Escape and the Bronco Sport had the highest increase and the Ranger and Super Duty had the least. The F150, Bronco and Mustang have zero increases.

https://www.motor1.com/news/512164/ford-vehicles-price-hike-june/

Almost All Ford Vehicles Get A Price Hike This June

If you're planning to buy a Ford vehicle this month, pray to the heavens that the model you're eyeing isn't part of the upcoming list. According to a letter sent to dealers obtained by CarsDirect, the Blue Oval has raised prices on nearly all of its vehicle lineup in the US.

Note that we emphasize nearly as there are cars that aren't part of the price hike but ultimately, 11 Ford vehicles will get varying price increases by as much as $680. Worse, the price hikes are highlighted further by the fact that Ford has quietly removed all rebates on its cars, also according to CarsDirect.
Sponsored

TremorOwner

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Well... raw materials got a lot more expensive thanks to literally locking down the world.

I'd say, "hopefully this inflation will back off" but we all know the printing of money and the current cost of raw materials and shortage of skilled labor is going to cause massive inflation.

Glad I bought my truck now.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
One thing about free markets. You can raise the prices all you want until no one buys your products and then they lower the price to get you to bite! We just went through this 8 years ago. Everything got so expensive most continued to drive old cars or used instead of buying new. That went on for 5 years or so and then everyone saw a brighter future and went for the new again. Cycle no. 2 is getting cranked up! Get ready for cash for clunkers #3

CB750F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ / SCAB Ranger XLT/FX4 & various motos
Occupation
Human
The cure for high prices is..... high prices.

I saw a graph of lumburrrrrr, copper & iron ore, on the way down, will take time but once
all those ships are unloaded on the west cost, prices will come down.
High prices will choke the economy & deflation will appear, out of the blue!
Print BABY print, gotta keep the music playing!

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I've seen where builders are writing clauses into their contracts now for lumber increases. Basically if it goes up a certain % they can adjust their price and the customer has to sign this. It's still not slowing down the building here.

I'm very fortunate that our area is in the midst of a massive building boom. While I hate all the traffic it's been great for my business. I've been able to raise my prices in upwards of 50% and still getting every job. I don't advertise and it's all word of mouth referrals. I'm booked into August rite now and most are willing to wait. So much for semi-retirement. lol I'm glad I already have my Ranger and my Bronco is price protected with 2021 pricing.

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I guess the rebates and such being cancelled hurts a lot more. My trade in rebate was the only reason I actually bought in April. Combined, it's worse.

egilbe

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Somewhere between ME and AZ, depends on the season
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat with BAP, Tow and FX4
Occupation
Semi-retired, lazy bum/tramp, formerly Sys admin in a toxic work environment
It sucks that they are raising prices, but on a base model Ranger, that's a .008% increase. On my truck, it would have been a .005% increase. $250 isn't really a bad increase.
Maybe its to pay for that center tie down that's missing?

Samsquanch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition XLT
I guess the rebates and such being cancelled hurts a lot more. My trade in rebate was the only reason I actually bought in April. Combined, it's worse.
Yeah that is a much bigger deal. I ended up with over $5000 in rebates in March. Some were dealer cash but at least $3000 were Ford rebates.

Everything is absolutely crazy right now. Vroom is offering me a few thousand more than I paid for my expedition. I looked to see if it made sense to move my wife into a newer truck but prices are absurd across the board. I feel like we’re heading into uncharted waters right now financially and one has to wonder if there’s danger ahead. All this cheap money is going to dry up eventually. We can’t have nearly interest free loans forever.

GregsFX2Ranger

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT 302A 4x2 Rapid Red Black Appear Package
Occupation
Management
Ugghhh. Glad I got my truck in April. And a pretty good deal too.
Me too. Last of the big dealer discounts. Customer Cash, Truck Month Cash, Aged inventory cash, farm bureau rebate. WOW! WOW! That was about 6500 total. NOT NOW!

GregsFX2Ranger

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT 302A 4x2 Rapid Red Black Appear Package
Occupation
Management
Ford didn't raise their crown jewel, the F150. Interesting.

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
I bought in March and got 2700 in dealer discount on a truck that had been on their lot 4 months. Then got 3000 in manufacturers incentives. I declined a 2000 trade discount because they were only offering 4800 on my outback, and I then sold it to Carvana for 8600, so I still made out.
Sponsored