First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Ford didn't raise their crown jewel, the F150. Interesting.
They were smart not to, they'll make more money in volume. If they raised the price of their best selling vehicle they could see a decline in sales where as keeping the price the same they'll sell more giving them a bigger profit.
Sponsored

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Happy to be out of the new car market for a few years. But the cost of inflation on everything else will still hurt.

Although it could be good ammo in the mod conversation with the wife when it comes to now vs. later.

Charley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCrew XLT FX4 Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
F-150, you mean the hundreds parked in parking lots waiting to be finished?

If they offer a great deal on those trucks, I may have to say good bye to my Ranger.

or maybe they will get them re-assigned as 2022 models.
Shelby afficionados know that story
https://www.hotrod.com/articles/1970-shelby-gt-500-hand-me-down/

Marmite

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger SuperCab FX4
Glad I bought my Ranger a couple of weeks ago. I received $2,250 in rebate and discounts plus got a very high value for my trade in.

CHS

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Ruby) 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat 4X4
Occupation
retired
Get ready to pay more sooner than later. Ford announces they will raise prices starting in June and have removed all rebates. Surprisingly the Escape and the Bronco Sport had the highest increase and the Ranger and Super Duty had the least. The F150, Bronco and Mustang have zero increases.

https://www.motor1.com/news/512164/ford-vehicles-price-hike-june/

Almost All Ford Vehicles Get A Price Hike This June
$680.00 sounds like a lot but in reality not that much difference for a 35-45,000 truck. It's a little over $11.00 a month more in payments for a 60 month loan.
Gas is over a dollar more than this time last year so for 12,000 miles at 20 MPG it was $1,100.00 Now at $2.89 it's $1,780.00., That's $680.00 more EVERY YEAR. (Tennessee Gas Prices) Thank you Mister President.
For the record, I bought my 4X4 Ranger Lariat, April 26th, 2021 and the MSRP was $42,010.00 and I paid after rebates and incentives (Before Trade) 36,127.00. Last one they had, and just the version , color and options I wanted. And best, I got rid of my 2019 Jeep Wrangler.

Last edited:

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unicycle.
Occupation
I make electricity
Damm. Better get that damper now before it’s super expensive.

Joeiconic

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
im trying to sell my house right now and you'd be lucky to get asking price, after dropping that price by alot
the hot part of the market in my area sure fell out when new mortgage rules came into play june 1st and the cost of materials for reno's skyrocketed.
6 weeks on the market and 100K less than expected and I'm pulling the listing. I'll wait it out and see if it rebounds
Varies by market I guess. I have friends in ATL looking to buy and recently offered 75k over asking on a home and were the 8th place bidder.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
2 houses down the street from me both go into bidding wars. They both closed at about 50 to 65K over asking.

My daughter is in the mortgage business and she said this whole region of the country is hot right now. Must be post covid jumps.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
$680.00 sounds like a lot but in reality not that much difference for a 35-45,000 truck. It's a little over $11.00 a month more in payments for a 60 month loan.
Gas is over a dollar more than this time last year so for 12,000 miles at 20 MPG it was $1,100.00 Now at $2.89 it's $1,780.00., That's $680.00 more EVERY YEAR. (Tennessee Gas Prices) Thank you Mister President.
For the record, I bought my 4X4 Ranger Lariat, April 26th, 2021 and the MSRP was $42,020.00 and I paid after rebates and incentives (Before Trade) 36,800.00. Last one they had, and just the version , color and options I wanted. And best, I got rid of my 2019 Jeep Wrangler.
No you're right it's not all that much but usually the prices increases are not seen until the next model year rolls out. Like others have said the no incentives are what hurts the most. IIRC I got close to 5K off mine which helped me get into a fully loaded Lariat.

Luckily most of us already have theirs and can sit this out for a while. Those who are having theirs built right now or waiting for delivery are the ones I feel sorry for. There was at least some incentives but now they're looking at nothing. I'd like to say I'm optimistic and this will get better soon but I highly doubt it will. With this chip shortage mess once manufacturers start getting them they're now going to have to make up for millions in lost sales. Now IF vehicles sit because of high prices we should start to see a slight decline and/or some incentives coming back.

Basic laws of supply and demand and I don't see to many people running out and paying full MSRP with zero incentives. Some will because they need a vehicle but most will sit and wait and keep theirs until the dust settles. I usually trade mine in every 3 years so if this mess is still going on next July I'll keep my Ranger and just add an extended warranty to it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
2 houses down the street from me both go into bidding wars. They both closed at about 50 to 65K over asking.

My daughter is in the mortgage business and she said this whole region of the country is hot right now. Must be post covid jumps.
The market is insane out here! Half of CA is moving here for the lower COL and coming in driving up home prices. The house I just did last week they told me the same exact new house today is $98K more than what they paid for it and they just closed on it the week before. Mine alone has gone up 340% since I bought it and I'd love to sell and cash out but not sure on where I'd go just yet and the market is way out of control now. Rents are even worse out here so that's not even an option now.

Last edited:

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
The market is insane out here! Half of CA is moving here for the lower COL and coming in driving up home prices. The house I just did last week they told me the same exact new house today is $98K more than what they paid for it and they just closed on it the week before. Mine alone has gone up 340% since I bought it and I'd love to sell and cash out but not sure on where I'd go just yet and the market is way out of control now. Rents are even worse out here so that's not even an option now.
Hi Dave,

Same here in Green Valley....bidding wars abound. Maybe even going to break even on my custom house I built at the top of the market in 2005/6

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
im trying to sell my house right now and you'd be lucky to get asking price, after dropping that price by alot
the hot part of the market in my area sure fell out when new mortgage rules came into play june 1st and the cost of materials for reno's skyrocketed.
6 weeks on the market and 100K less than expected and I'm pulling the listing. I'll wait it out and see if it rebounds

That's what sucks. We all get to enjoy the downsides of inflation and increased cost. But while some get to reap the benefits through higher home values, others are S.O.L.

That's the situation in Denver now. Problem is I'm not in a situation to cash out now and by the time I am it'll be more like Ranger Pride's situation above.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Hi Dave,

Same here in Green Valley....bidding wars abound. Maybe even going to break even on my custom house I built at the top of the market in 2005/6

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Hi Phil,

Hopefully yours keeps climbing even further and you'll get even more for it. I was luck and bought mine during the whole foreclosure/short sale mess. I paid pennies on the dollar for a 4 year old house back in 2012. I know what the original owner payed for it and it's already surpassed that by $85K. Crazy times we're seeing right now!

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
Wow! it's 180Âş opposite down here. My daughter and son-in-law sold their house themselves, had a realtor do there transaction and mound of paperwork. Put it on the local Facebook page. In two days, they had twelve showings, four offers, three counter offers, and awarded the sale to the people that went $40,000 over their asking price. Meanwhile, they bought a lot from a divorcing couple at a must sell price, and their contractor is holding his price on their new construction, mostly because they have their materials locked in-no surcharges.
Sponsored