First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
Same, and the fact that I just didn't need a full-size. Also, I like the styling much better. And fuel economy! Many reasons I picked the ranger but fitting in my garage was definitely a determining factor. We have a tight two car garage with a lowish door, many new tract homes in my area have itty bitty single car garages and the Maverick/Ridgeline would be the only truck to comfortably fit in those.

Overall I like the Maverick, aside from the front end. I don't think I would have chosen it over the ranger though. But I do wish I had a sunroof and a hybrid.
Yeah, I'm not digging the front end look, but whatev. I currently have a detached 2 car garage that is very big, but it's full of 'stuff', much of it for our new home being built. Ranger still fits, but only after some adjustments. Our new house should be fine, and if not I will take it up with the architect, who is my wife :)

I'll probably upgrade to a 6G PHEV ranger if available, and hopefully they don't make it much bigger. I'd be fine with the size of Mav, IF, if had a scab, 5.5 foot bed, and real 4x4. I don't see that happening.
Sponsored

Samsquanch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition XLT
That front end looks horrible. Everything else looks awesome.
That’s what I said when I saw it too. I’m worried that the new ranger will get smacked with the ugly stick too. Guess it’s good I already have a Gen5 although I think the Gen6 will probably have a much more useful interior.

Reactions: HDA

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
That’s what I said when I saw it too. I’m worried that the new ranger will get smacked with the ugly stick too. Guess it’s good I already have a Gen5 although I think the Gen6 will probably have a much more useful interior.
Agreed. Sync4, better styling, better rear storage (but I want a supercab, but still want better storage) and don't screw me on the lack of B&O, stick a woofer under a seat, thank you very much! And, trick out the bed like the Mav. And, also, rear bumper steps. Oh, and a TBC. Am I asking too much?

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
It does look better than the spy shots and renderings did, but why does it need to look like an baby F150. Call it an F075. I hope the 6G doesn't look like it got driven into a wall. Nothing wrong with a little style to set it apart.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
That thing wouldn’t pull a greasy string out of a cats ass
I would venture a guess that the 2.0/AWD version will be stock for stock quicker than a Ranger.

Edit: From zerotosixtytimes.com

Since it's based on the Escape platform that's what I compared.

2020 Ford Escape Titanium 2.0T EcoBoost AWD 0-60 mph 6.3 Quarter mile 14.8

2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 0-60 mph 6.8 Quarter mile 15.2

HDA

First Name
Hector
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT Shadow Black
Occupation
Travel X-ray Tech

It can't any worse honestly. The fact that the back seats don't fold down all the way still irks me.

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
I think they did a great job on it. The looks may not be to everyone's taste but the features are on target. And it does look like a truck.
When I showed it to my wife, she asked if that was her next vehicle. I said it could be.
Trying to talk my daughter into the Maverick. She wants an older Ranger and I keep pushing the new Maverick. She already has the 'its not a real truck' attitude. :rolleyes:

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
I learned to drive on our old willys jeep. Then rebuilt a cj5 with my dad and grandfather in high school (that I still have, and likely always will), and now I have a mustang and motorcycle I play with. I've always loved everything manual. It seems though, the older I get (32 yesterday), the less I actually want to row my own gears. It's still fun, don't get me wrong, but long trips and stop n go traffic have lessened my enthusiasm. Just one more thing my old man predicted ha. And I agree with Mike. Soon it probably won't even be an option. A lot of the sports cars are even moving more to the high tech, faster shifting automatics. For example, the new c8 corvette.
Happy belated Birthday!:party:

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
Did you see all the cool shit they did to make the Maverick's bed useful???!!!???
And we have to pay $93.27 for a set of tie-downs that should have come with the truck in the first place? Da Fuuuuu****?

wolfhawk73

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 SuperCab
Exactly. Hold my half calf double decaf matcha latte, and watch and learn.
My last one was 14 pallets stacked in the back of my 1998 Ranger. It was probably 3 feet taller than the cab. Talk about tailgater-prevention. A cop eyeballed me but thankfully just shook his head.
Sponsored