First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4 w/ GFC V2, 1987 Caddy hearse
Occupation
Unretired
Oh, lets not digress and debate the nuisances of what a 'truck' is...This is obviously not a truck, its 'truck like'...an Escape with a big open trunk, etc. Its not gonna pull your ATV's, bass boat or traverse Pike's Peak, no week long camping excursions to the bad lands, yada, yada.. :) I can see it now, subsequent threads bashing how non-off road worthy it is..:headbang:

But it has FX4 option
Sponsored

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
But it has FX4 option
yeah I saw that...'So let's go mud bogging'.. I dont think so.
I think its more a marketing ploy than anything. Some of the entry level Jeep vehicles have a 'trail rated' badge on them and I would not seriously think of off roading them either.
JMO

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL 4x4 SuperCrew (R)
I'm just confused; why isn't it called the "ranger sport"? Or maybe the ranger should be the "f150 sport", and this could be the "f150 sport mini"? Ford should pick a naming convention and then stick to it!
F50 & F100 would really do it for me

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Not sure if this has been said but I think a lot are missing the point of the Maverick. Sure most of us here want and need a mid size truck and the Ranger is the perfect size (for now) for most of us especially seeing as how large the f150 is now. The Maverick is going to be a huge hit in the service industry. Take Orkin pest control for example. All their trucks are smaller sized and this would be a perfect fit for their fleet trucks. There are many other smaller pest control businesses too along with smaller plumbing businesses or just about any tradesman who might have a crew doing service calls or the guy who is semi retired and doesn't need to carry a lot of tools and equipment around anymore.

Is this going to be a 4x4 off road monster ...No! But this will fill the void for so many who loved the size of old Ranger, especially older folks who just cant get in and out of a higher truck anymore. I think Ford nailed it with the Maverick and honestly think they will have a killer year in 2022 IF they can get their launches and production on track. Looks at what's coming...Maverick, Lightning, Mach e, Bronco and a new gen Ranger. There's a lot to look forward to in the coming years and I'm sure that the others won't be far behind. The change and competition is only going to make it better for all of us.

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
Not sure if this has been said but I think a lot are missing the point of the Maverick. Sure most of us here want and need a mid size truck and the Ranger is the perfect size (for now) for most of us especially seeing as how large the f150 is now. The Maverick is going to be a huge hit in the service industry. Take Orkin pest control for example. All their trucks are smaller sized and this would be a perfect fit for their fleet trucks. There are many other smaller pest control businesses too along with smaller plumbing businesses or just about any tradesman who might have a crew doing service calls or the guy who is semi retired and doesn't need to carry a lot of tools and equipment around anymore.

Is this going to be a 4x4 off road monster ...No! But this will fill the void for so many who loved the size of old Ranger, especially older folks who just cant get in and out of a higher truck anymore. I think Ford nailed it with the Maverick and honestly think they will have a killer year in 2022 IF they can get their launches and production on track. Looks at what's coming...Maverick, Lightning, Mach e, Bronco and a new gen Ranger. There's a lot to look forward to in the coming years and I'm sure that the others won't be far behind. The change and competition is only going to make it better for all of us.
It's unfortunate that you can't get AWD with PHEV, but maybe that will change later. You've probably seen that it's not as small as I once thought. It's only 11 inches shorter than the ranger, and the interior is bigger than ranger. Has a lot of stuff going for it.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
I think Ford nailed it with the Maverick and honestly think they will have a killer year in 2022 IF they can get their launches and production on track.
What's the under/over on ford ramping up production faster than cost reductions? How many mavericks will they actually build with all the parts shown in the release footage? I wonder if it's possible to set up a betting pool with the forum software.

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
i am definately gonna check out a fully loaded lariat version of the maverick, i can trade in my ranger and probably make some money on the deal.
I hope so, but I priced a loaded lariat AWD just for giggles and it was around $35k. Not sure there will be a lot of incentives on release.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
It's unfortunate that you can't get AWD with PHEV, but maybe that will change later. You've probably seen that it's not as small as I once thought. It's only 11 inches shorter than the ranger, and the interior is bigger than ranger. Has a lot of stuff going for it.
I really didn't go over all the specs yet but it did/does seem smaller and I'll have to take a better look now. You're right I think that that are going to be a lot of changes down the line and not just with the Maverick but all their lines. Ford is investing heavily into the e market now and there's talk of an e Bronco too. Lets just hope the ICE one gets launched before the e one does. ?

Waxthis

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Controls Tech

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
What's the under/over on ford ramping up production faster than cost reductions? How many mavericks will they actually build with all the parts shown in the release footage? I wonder if it's possible to set up a betting pool with the forum software.
Right now I'm just hoping they can get the Bronco back on par with what they hoped for this year. Their last few launches have been a total disaster and it looks like they're writing off 2021 and moving towards the '22's now. I honestly wouldn't take any bets now. ?

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
One thing I noticed - and I was surprised at this given the attention to detail on the interior - the back seat is still not a 60/40 split - it is one piece. That seems like a big oversight to me. I'm guessing it was done for cost savings, but it definitely reduces the usability of the back seat.
Sponsored