Ford Maverick Pickup Officially Revealed: $20k MSRP, 40MPG, Hybrid Standard

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
i cant tell from any of the pics, or i just missed it, are there fog lamps on the maverick?
Good catch.

None of the pictures I've seen show fog lights.

It looks like there is a spot for them.

They may be somehow integrated with the LED headlamps though.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
A little more detailed video showing more of the inside. Personally I really hate they way they added the ugly colored accents to the new vehicles lately. Who thought it was a good idea to add bright orange accents? They did the same with the Bronco and it looks horrible if you have a red exterior with orange interior accents. They should've made them interchangeable.

Augie81

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
The more I see about it the more I'm looking forward to taking one for a test drive maybe next spring if all the shortages make them available by then. I think I'd be more prone to get the AWD tubo version. I wish they would have brought back the Saber color for it though. But if I end up trading in my Ranger for one I'll be banished from this forum and I kind of like you all. :)

Also did anyone else notice the Lariat version has a power sliding rear window? I know some here were saying they wished the Ranger had one.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
The more I see about it the more I'm looking forward to taking one for a test drive maybe next spring if all the shortages make them available by then. I think I'd be more prone to get the AWD tubo version. I wish they would have brought back the Saber color for it though. But if I end up trading in my Ranger for one I'll be banished from this forum and I kind of like you all. :)

Also did anyone else notice the Lariat version has a power sliding rear window? I know some here were saying they wished the Ranger had one.
We like you too Augie so you'll still be more than welcome here. :) Now if you had said you were buying a Taco, well that would be a different story.

Get Out .gif

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4

The Luxury package in the XLT and Lariat adds the heated steering wheel too. :mad:

Augie81

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
We like you too Augie so you'll still be more than welcome here. :) Now if you had said you were buying a Taco, well that would be a different story.
Thanks. If I trade it in it will certainly only be for a Maverick and not a Taco. I test drove one when I was shopping last year and didn't like it. That and the people at the local Toyota dealer seemed so disinterested in my business I didn't want to go back. That's a different story.

My brother is on his second Taco in just over a few years. The first one a few years ago had some frame problem that I think meant part of it had to be rebuilt or something. So instead of going through that issue he traded it in for a new one for some kind of deal they offered him. I can't remember what year. I heard recently he took that one in for some kind of undercoating or something they were suppose to add as a warranty thing. He drove a few hours to the shop on the scheduled dated and apparently they didn't have whatever it was they need to do the job. So he was pissed.

When he was here last year I tried to convert him to the Ranger. I let him drive it and he loved it. Maybe I can sell mine to him for Carvana prices and buy a 2022 Maverick with some cash left over. Kidding, I would not gouge him like that. :)

HDA

First Name
Hector
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT Shadow Black
Occupation
Travel X-ray Tech
That front end looks horrible. Everything else looks awesome.

forestale

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lariat FX4
Occupation
Manufacturing
That's the main reason I bought the Ranger over the F150.
Same, and the fact that I just didn't need a full-size. Also, I like the styling much better. And fuel economy! Many reasons I picked the ranger but fitting in my garage was definitely a determining factor. We have a tight two car garage with a lowish door, many new tract homes in my area have itty bitty single car garages and the Maverick/Ridgeline would be the only truck to comfortably fit in those.

Overall I like the Maverick, aside from the front end. I don't think I would have chosen it over the ranger though. But I do wish I had a sunroof and a hybrid.

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 2023 Escape PHEV

Don’t trade. Your raptors are going to be cramped in that 4.5 foot bed. They’ll get crabby.
Sponsored