First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
Thanks for the info. I love my Ranger but if this had been available at the time I likely would have gone with it. Honestly for what I use it for, the Ranger is too much truck for me. I have the FX4 with the tow package but don't really need to tow anything. Standard tow capability would have been fine. It just happened to have that equipment. I would get a loaded Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD for sure. Gotta have push button start and the upgraded audio system. Could live without FX4 but would probably get the tow package just in case. Looks like it would be about $35k which is crazy and less than the Ridgeline starts at. I realize that the Ridgeline is more similar in size to the Ranger but I think the Maverick is more similar to the Ridgeline than the Ranger is. The bed length basically is the only difference. The Ranger is my DD and having a more carlike ride would be nice while still being able to haul stuff and take it up to the cabin in the mountains.
I went with the scab because I felt my future use would be better served with a 6 foot box. If the maverick had a scab and 5.5 foot box, that might be fine. I still want a 4x4 and not AWD for living with mountain snows.

Rviator

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A 2019 Ford Ranger of course, and a 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
Occupation
retired aerospace engineer
Vehicle Showcase

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
That's the main reason I bought the Ranger over the F150.
Our code requires a garage "large enough to fit two fullsized sedans (circa 1996)
While my Ranger will actually fit inside, it blocks the exit and blocks access around it, so it sets outside or in my shop.

Theslim_spaydee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT (she gone) 2022 BD Bronco
Occupation
Finance
Yeah I am buying one of these day one to be my travel vehicle for work. Keep the miles off the ranger.

Theslim_spaydee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT (she gone) 2022 BD Bronco
Occupation
Finance
Thanks for the info. I love my Ranger but if this had been available at the time I likely would have gone with it. Honestly for what I use it for, the Ranger is too much truck for me. I have the FX4 with the tow package but don't really need to tow anything. Standard tow capability would have been fine. It just happened to have that equipment. I would get a loaded Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD for sure. Gotta have push button start and the upgraded audio system. Could live without FX4 but would probably get the tow package just in case. Looks like it would be about $35k which is crazy and less than the Ridgeline starts at. I realize that the Ridgeline is more similar in size to the Ranger but I think the Maverick is more similar to the Ridgeline than the Ranger is. The bed length basically is the only difference. The Ranger is my DD and having a more carlike ride would be nice while still being able to haul stuff and take it up to the cabin in the mountains.
I'll swap you an fx2 no tow package. It'll be the ideal amount of truck.

wintech

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2020 Passport
I went with the scab because I felt my future use would be better served with a 6 foot box. If the maverick had a scab and 5.5 foot box, that might be fine. I still want a 4x4 and not AWD for living with mountain snows.
I'll swap you an fx2 no tow package. It'll be the ideal amount of truck.
Ha. I still need 4wd where I live. Plus, has to be a Lariat because I do need (well not need but once I got used to not having to use a key and not having keys hanging from the column, it became an important want) push button start and the premium audio.

WhyNot21

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4 Screw 501A ...
Occupation
EE
Our code requires a garage "large enough to fit two fullsized sedans (circa 1996)
While my Ranger will actually fit inside, it blocks the exit and blocks access around it, so it sets outside or in my shop.
We both live in IL and my house was built in '95. I'm not sure what you mean by blocking the exit. I have a side door and it's blocked by any vehicle that's parked on that side.

Jqueen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Supercrew XLT 2wd
I can just barely make do with the 5 foot bed the crew cab ranger has. If the Maverick had a 5 foot bed (or 6 foot option with the crew cab), I'd be checking into carvana and putting down a deposit. The Ranger is the best option among the smaller trucks now,, but it's still too tall and I don't need to tow more than 2500lbs or so. I really hope these take off- they could easily replace the hole left by the "classic" Ranger.

Opusnbill7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4
I tell ya, if I had a chance to sit in one (I'm a tall/big guy), and hadn't just bought my Ranger, this would be on my shopping list.

A Maverick Lariat hits all the sweet spots for me assuming the interior has decent room.

Will be interesting to look at one once they start hitting the floors. Ford did a great job on this one it seems.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
We both live in IL and my house was built in '95. I'm not sure what you mean by blocking the exit. I have a side door and it's blocked by any vehicle that's parked on that side.
It was subdivision title covenants in force at the time of construction.
My service entrance is at the rear corner of the attached garage on the rear wall.
My Mustang leaves an aisle in front which allows me to open the door and exit the rear of the garage. My TC leaves enough room in front of it to pass by and enter the kitchen.
The Ranger is too long for either bay since it will either block the rear entrance or the entrance to the house.
The stupid rule should have read in feet and inches not something as amorphous as
"large enough to fit two fullsized sedans".
As I said, the Ranger will fit, but it requires the passenger to disembark before entering.
I two car garage "should " be at least 24'X24'
Love the sliding doors on the TC as they are safe to open inside the garage...
Careful with any regular vehicle door (especially a two door)
I didn't build my house or it would have had a much wider and deeper "two car" garage.
like maybe 26' or 28' square or even a little deeper.
The exit door would be straight out the back in the middle of the back wall between the two cars... and the overhead door would be 8ft instead of 7ft'.
It is what it is, so I built my little shop out back... 30' deep with a 14' X 9ft high door.
At least everything is indoors and out of the weather most of the time.
:idea: OH...My sympathies about that living in IllAnnoy thing. :giggle:

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
It was subdivision title covenants in force at the time of construction.
My service entrance is at the rear corner of the attached garage on the rear wall.
My Mustang leaves an aisle in front which allows me to open the door and exit the rear of the garage. My TC leaves enough room in front of it to pass by and enter the kitchen.
The Ranger is too long for either bay since it will either block the rear entrance or the entrance to the house.
The stupid rule should have read in feet and inches not something as amorphous as
"large enough to fit two fullsized sedans".
As I said, the Ranger will fit, but it requires the passenger to disembark before entering.
I two car garage "should " be at least 24'X24'
Love the sliding doors on the TC as they are safe to open inside the garage...
Careful with any regular vehicle door (especially a two door)
I didn't build my house or it would have had a much wider and deeper "two car" garage.
like maybe 26' or 28' square or even a little deeper.
The exit door would be straight out the back in the middle of the back wall between the two cars... and the overhead door would be 8ft instead of 7ft'.
It is what it is, so I built my little shop out back... 30' deep with a 14' X 9ft high door.
At least everything is indoors and out of the weather most of the time.
:idea: OH...My sympathies about that living in IllAnnoy thing. :giggle:
A bit of a Back Story..... We contracted to build a house in Green Valley from a developer/custom builder. I wanted an RV garage for our diesel pusher 40 ft. motor home. I wanted it 60ft long, 15 ft wide(inside dimension) by 18 ft tall. We argued with the builder as he wanted 15 outside to outside. I said no way... So I got what I wanted.

Since this builder would custom build some time before our build, he built an RV Garage attached the the house that was 14ft outside to out side on another home. So the buyer drive his RV into the garage...It fit! However...there was no room to open the RV's door as the garage was too narrow. Poor fellow had to back out and park the RV elsewhere. Builder and new homeowner conferred and the solution was to cut a door to the outside, located there the RV door was when it was parked. So the sequence for the homeowner was to unlock and open the side door...drive the RV into the garage. Swing open the RV door, exit. Close the RV door and then the side door to the garage and lock the door.

Mine is designed much differently and the builder was agreeable to my requirements.

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Sponsored