For the Pedal Commander Fan Boys out there

daniel3507

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
The big problem I have with this video is that when they kill the pedal commander they are driving and on the throttle. I'm guessing the other videos did the same thing? It literally says in the owners manual of the pedal commander not to do that. Big bold letters with a box around them. "DO NOT change modes while your foot is on the gas pedal." It looks like the Banks one doesn't have that problem, but to me it seems like user error on the pedal commander.
Sponsored

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
The big problem I have with this video is that when they kill the pedal commander they are driving and on the throttle. I'm guessing the other videos did the same thing? It literally says in the owners manual of the pedal commander not to do that. Big bold letters with a box around them. "DO NOT change modes while your foot is on the gas pedal." It looks like the Banks one doesn't have that problem, but to me it seems like user error on the pedal commander.
One thing I've learned in my years is that if someone CAN do it, at some point someone WILL do it. Having the circuitry on the board to prevent it seems like a very good thing to have, especially since you are dealing with something as critical as a gas pedal.

OP
OP
Frenchy

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Perhaps you do not understand what is being simulated. It is simply simulating a failure in the pedal commander. That's it. With the pedal monster it goes through the OBD instead of directly on the pedal and therefore if a failure happens you have less chance of issues

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
Banks also did a long video showing how aftermarket dif covers will destroy you gearset. Then he shows his aftermarket dif cover an explains why it's far superior.

I could buy it changes the gear oil spray pattern if it changes the shape of the cover. If it's just a beefier cover that's the same shape it would function the same. He has a curved slot built into their covers to aid oil delivery to the top of the gearset.

Loweredon33s

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Occupation
Performance person
This makes me think Ford could integrate a throttle controller as easily as they add traction modes. Probably too much liability though.
They do already, it’s called sport mode.

Loweredon33s

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Occupation
Performance person
We had a Fusion at the shop for tuning one day. He had no codes and no complaints, he did have a pedal commander installed. We always disconnect any devices like that before tuning to eliminate incorrect data.
Immediately got a wrench light and pedal codes. Turns out the car had wiring damage to one of the two APP circuits. The ecu uses both APP sensors as a checks and balances system to prevent runaway or other scary situations. The pedal commander must somehow substitute a duplicate signal instead. This means it’s removing the factory fail safe features when installed. This most certainly could result in runaway conditions.
Sponsored