khyros

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Crewcab FX4
Vehicle Showcase
You cannot lock your keys in the truck I tried. the horn sounds the light flash and the doors do not lock... you can lock them in the bed. this is the reason I got a hard cover. It locks and with the tailgate locked I feel fairly safe. Of course someone could brake the cover and get to the key.
You use the keypad to lock it. If you press the 7/8 and 9/0 button together, you can lock the truck with your keypad, even if the keys are in the vehicle. Or at least that's worked on every other Ford I've tried it on, so I would expect the same to work on this truck.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
You use the keypad to lock it. If you press the 7/8 and 9/0 button together, you can lock the truck with your keypad, even if the keys are in the vehicle. Or at least that's worked on every other Ford I've tried it on, so I would expect the same to work on this truck.
it does...until your keypad dies

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase

TimberWolf2018

First Name
TW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, crew,
Can the FordPass app still be used w/ the keys inside too?
it will tell you where your car is....
And how much fuel is in the tank...
when your next service is due, and what your tire pressures are....

But to my knowledge, it won't lock your push start ranger with the fob inside. If there is a way, I havent figured it out yet.

Just like I can't pull on the handle to confirm the vehicle is locked. I have done that going all the way back to my 1975 pinto. It is reflexive, it is instinctive, it is part of my DNA. And every time I get out of my truck I have to remind myself not to do it.

dmeyer302

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Escape, 2016 Odyssey
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
it will tell you where your car is....
And how much fuel is in the tank...
when your next service is due, and what your tire pressures are....

But to my knowledge, it won't lock your push start ranger with the fob inside. If there is a way, I havent figured it out yet.

Just like I can't pull on the handle to confirm the vehicle is locked. I have done that going all the way back to my 1975 pinto. It is reflexive, it is instinctive, it is part of my DNA. And every time I get out of my truck I have to remind myself not to do it.
Ok, when I posted the question I was on my FordPass app at my office and locked my doors w/ the key fob in the dash pocket of my vehicle and it replied back that the Door Lock was a success.
I just got home now for lunch and checked my doors and they are locked.
I then got on the FordPass app again and triggered a un-lock sequence and it worked great even w/ the vehicle sitting in my garage.

toddiscdn

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X4
I agree, now if I want to confirm I check the tailgate, no sensor there, works like a charm!

RobertU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2001 Ford Ranger XLT
Yes it will work, but maybe a better option is to keep your key with you in a waterproof container like this.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0019M3JUQ/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_jMR3Cb2ZCBPD5

Its sold as a boat bailer, but it works great to keep my keys, wallet, and phone dry and secure. I use this on my boat, kayak, and paddleboard.

41VWFr0yz1L._AC_UL115_.jpg
Thanks. I just ordered this. I plan on hitting the beach for some fishing soon and this thread had me thinking about what I would do with my key

OP
OP
Dan Kobler

Dan Kobler

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT SuperCrew 302A 4x4
So update- The police were able to recover most of my possessions that were stolen out of my truck. They pulled over a group of Teenagers/young adults who happened to have a ton of stolen property in their possession. I had the dealer keychain on the key so the Police were able to track it back to me! Hopefully they get a conviction out of those hoodlums!
Regardless I got my spare key back that was used to take the vehicle. Since I already bought a new key and reprogramed the keys of the vehicle ($110 to program at dealership) I thought I would be able to just add the 3rd key, but I tried the standard method and had no luck. I called the dealership and they said Ford Changed their methodology on the 2019 rangers that you can no longer add cut keys yourself, you have to take all the keys into the dealership and pay to have them do it. So unless there is some trick or new self service method I'm not aware of, I think I will just hold on to the third extra key and just have it ready to go just in case I ever loose one of the other keys.

Johnpenn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2004 Corvette, 2005 Ranger Edge
Occupation
Retired Quality and EHS Manager
Will lock with faraday bag.

I just installed my HitchSafe yesterday. It provides a hitch cover, also acts as a faraday bag and is easy to install and use. Of course I had to install a trailer hitch first because my Lariat didn't have one from the factory. That was a little tougher to install.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I just installed my HitchSafe yesterday. It provides a hitch cover, also acts as a faraday bag and is easy to install and use. Of course I had to install a trailer hitch first because my Lariat didn't have one from the factory. That was a little tougher to install.
So you don't need a faraday bag even with the keyless fob? I'm curious as to how you like it once you use it. I'm pretty sure I'm getting one for Father's day.....

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
So you don't need a faraday bag even with the keyless fob?
radio waves don't go through a metal box any easier than they go through a plastic bag with a thin layer of metal on it.

Don Lovering

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Herm... I often go out on the water and leave my keys in the truck, using the keypad to lock it. I wonder if one of those aluminum bags like EZpass comes in would prevent the key from being used, such that I could hide it in the truck (so I don't lose it on the water), but if someone broke in, they wouldn't be able to just start it and take the truck. Has anyone tried this?
My 2016 mustang will not let you lock the doors if there is a key in the car
Sponsored