First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
CAD Design/Automotive Prototyping
Yes....I would try this first as well. You may be surprised what they can do!
If they can get it liking right in fine with that. I’m very curious to hear what they say when I take it in. Trying to keep it positive in my head. A lot of people have a lot worse problems than a dented ranger hood so I’m thankful if this is worst thing I deal with for a king time.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Kyp317

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Who makes aftermarket hoods for the Ranger?
When I googled ranger hoods earlier I saw some links to ones but haven’t had to to investigate that option.

Reactions: Doc
OP
OP

Kyp317

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Nope, there is a crease in it and they can't get creases out, ask me how I know :(
Similar happened to you? If I do need a new hood that should be quicker as far the time they need my vehicle in the shop right right ?

Reactions: Doc

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
Similar happened to you? If I do need a new hood that should be quicker as far the time they need my vehicle in the shop right right ?
Had a small dent like yours with a wrinkle or crease and paintless said it would never look perfect, so I opted for a new fender in my case. Paint shop matched the paint perfectly.

OP
OP

Kyp317

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Had a small dent like yours with a wrinkle or crease and paintless said it would never look perfect, so I opted for a new fender in my case. Paint shop matched the paint perfectly.
That’s awesome they matched painted perfectly. Yeah being right on the crease is also a worse case spot on the hood I think lol.

KNI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor 2021
I think I got lucky & the branch that fell was totally decayed because it was probably a 5-6 foot branch & instantly exploded to not much more than small pieces. When I looked in my rear view mirror it looks like someone dumped bags of mulch in the road. It feel from at least 30 feet above my truck & i was probably going 40-50mph
That sounds like a danger tree and the land holder should be liable. Maybe you can stick the bill for him.

OP
OP

Kyp317

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
That sounds like a danger tree and the land holder should be liable. Maybe you can stick the bill for him.
Maybe but I’m not holding my breath on that. I live in a farm in middle of farmland lol. I’ve never seen any trees along the county dirt roads trimmed. This specific road is the county line , half the road is one country on other side is the other. They don’t grade the road much because the two counties argue who’s responsible it is lol.

OP
OP

Kyp317

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I’d pay the deductible and let ‘em replace the hood.
From the replies it sounds like either fix or replace is much higher than my deductible so I’m sure I’m using my insurance. More I think about it I hope They replace the hood. I’ll update once they body shop looks at it. New hood would give me more piece of mind I think.

McLeadslinger

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Sport.
Occupation
Aircraft Electrician
Whatever happens I hope they take care of you in a timely manner. ?

From the replies it sounds like either fix or replace is much higher than my deductible so I’m sure I’m using my insurance. More I think about it I hope They replace the hood. I’ll update once they body shop looks at it. New hood would give me more piece of mind I think.

OP
OP

Kyp317

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Whatever happens I hope they take care of you in a timely manner. ?
Thank you & me too lol. One good thing with this kind of damage is truck is fine to drive till they either get the replacement hood or have a opening in their schedule to do a repair which I wouldn’t think would take more than a few days. Just hope a rental is available.

I feel for the people that have a accident where the car isn’t drivable & parts are back ordered for months right now

McLeadslinger

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Sport.
Occupation
Aircraft Electrician
True. In the grand scheme of things it’s not all
That bad. I also feel bad for those who have major damage and the car/truck is never the same after it’s fixed.

Thank you & me too lol. One good thing with this kind of damage is truck is fine to drive till they either get the replacement hood or have a opening in their schedule to do a repair which I wouldn’t think would take more than a few days. Just hope a rental is available.

I feel for the people that have a accident where the car isn’t drivable & parts are back ordered for months right now

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Was driving home from grocery store and a tree branch fell & hit me , real bad wind in SE Michigan today. Think they can fix that or am I going to need a new hood ? 2021 Ranger Lariat with tremor package.

I live out in the rural area so down the dirt roads big trees line the roads. Branches fall all the time. Just bad timing for me this time lol

43293965-DB40-48B7-8DA3-40CDA77584D0.jpeg

DC4F4420-F79E-45BD-83B8-52048ADCD321.jpeg

3E924C4B-F67F-4E46-BA94-DE0119D9929F.jpeg

46A887EE-9EBA-4459-BCED-2D7FCDA8561F.jpeg
Tree branches happen, as the saying goes. Sucks when it happens to you, though. Hope you can get it fixed at a reasonable price.
Sponsored