First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
CAD Design/Automotive Prototyping
Was driving home from grocery store and a tree branch fell & hit me , real bad wind in SE Michigan today. Think they can fix that or am I going to need a new hood ? 2021 Ranger Lariat with tremor package.

I live out in the rural area so down the dirt roads big trees line the roads. Branches fall all the time. Just bad timing for me this time lol

43293965-DB40-48B7-8DA3-40CDA77584D0.jpeg

DC4F4420-F79E-45BD-83B8-52048ADCD321.jpeg

3E924C4B-F67F-4E46-BA94-DE0119D9929F.jpeg

46A887EE-9EBA-4459-BCED-2D7FCDA8561F.jpeg
Sponsored

docarter

First Name
Dayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac ATS; Ford Ranger
Occupation
ADA
It's aluminum so who knows.

You can fix pretty much anything with enough bondo. I'm betting that hood isn't cheap though.

KNI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor 2021
Paintless dent repair will do. Nothing major in there.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
No, the story you tell is; "Yea this Tacoma owner tried to car jack me and that is where I put his face" Then toss in some details like some nice 80's style women in neon colored string bikini's and spandex came out of no where and were fawning over you and somewhere in the distance some montage music was playing.

Dont forget to throw in a double finger gun and raised eyebrow to the person you tel the story to.

OP
OP

Kyp317

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

You can fix pretty much anything with enough bondo. I'm betting that hood isn't cheap though.
It being alumin

Are they harder to have repaired being aluminum versus if it was steel ?

Reactions: Doc

Wytchdctr

First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Retired Military/HR Manager
Speed dent... for airflow. More speed - leave it.

but that does suck it happened.

OP
OP

Kyp317

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
No, the story you tell is; "Yea this Tacoma owner tried to car jack me and that is where I put his face" Then toss in some details like some nice 80's style women in neon colored string bikini's and spandex came out of no where and were fawning over you and somewhere in the distance some montage music was playing.

Dont forget to throw in a double finger gun and raised eyebrow to the person you tel the story to.
I already called my insurance lol. Next time I’ll wait because that’s so much more interesting lol.

OP
OP

Kyp317

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Speed dent... for airflow. More speed - leave it.

but that does suck it happened.
Well if I leave it I get a cash payout from the insurance of the repair cost minus what the deductible would be they said. I’m more worried about the paint peeling up there eventually etc

I’m also guessing if I take cash from my insurance they no longer cover any damage to the hood in the future ??

KNI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor 2021
My deductible is $500 , I wonder if it’ll be less than that ?
Most likely. 200-300$. Get a quote, if more, then check with insurance.

OP
OP

Kyp317

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

Wytchdctr

First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Retired Military/HR Manager
It doesn't look like it messed up the paint. I'd recommend trying one of the cheesy dent pullers based on how it was dented. If you don't want to get the insurance involved. I had a dent similar on a Hyundai with its cheap paint - on the edge of its c pillar. The hot glue-based puller thing almost got it perfect and never had the paint crack, etc. It took pulling on it more than a few times to get it all even'd out then a bit of whacking at it with a rubber mallet on one bit.. You could only see something was off if you looked closely at the right angle.

OP
OP

Kyp317

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
It doesn't look like it messed up the paint. I'd recommend trying one of the cheesy dent pullers based on how it was dented. If you don't want to get the insurance involved. I had a dent similar on a Hyundai with its cheap paint - on the edge of its c pillar. The hot glue-based puller thing almost got it perfect and never had the paint crack, etc. It took pulling on it more than a few times to get it all even'd out then a bit of whacking at it with a rubber mallet on one bit.. You could only see something was off if you looked closely at the right angle.
I’ll probably see what they estimate at the body shop & then decide do I want to give it a try myself.

I think I got lucky & the branch that fell was totally decayed because it was probably a 5-6 foot branch & instantly exploded to not much more than small pieces. When I looked in my rear view mirror it looks like someone dumped bags of mulch in the road. It feel from at least 30 feet above my truck & i was probably going 40-50mph

OP
OP

Kyp317

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Dentless repair is the way to go on this one. Take your time to locate someone that has real talent. That is on a crease so it will look off if not done right.
Thank you ? I will do my research. While I don’t want to pay the insurance I just got this in July so I really want her back to perfect more than anything I think lol. Insurance told me I can take my time as I’m allowed to use any shop I want. So no rush on me to complete the claim which is cool of them.
Sponsored