February 2021 Ford Ranger Sales

Administrator

Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Ford sold 6,954 Ranger trucks in February 2021 (13,056 YTD).

Ranger produced its best retail sales results since 2004. Ranger retail sales expanded 7.6 percent in February and are up 6.3 percent year-to-date.

Sales of Ranger to commercial customers climbed 41 percent.

Ford-February-2021-Sales-Release-1.jpg
Ford-February-2021-Sales-Release-2.jpg
Sponsored

TimmyB

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 2020 Fleetwood Bounder 35P
Occupation
Retired
Not trying to be snarky but I'm very confused by your positive spin on this. Feb 2021 sales are down 3.6% from Feb 2020 (granted, one day shorter this Feb from leap year 2020, which could account for that) and YTD sales are down 1.4% from 2020. Where are you seeing sales gains? Are you simply comparing Feb 2021 to Jan 2021?

spartan0078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger lariat
Occupation
Railroader
Excuse my language, but it is retarded how many F150s they sell monthly, like insanely so.

Where the hell are people getting all the money? Or is all they own? I thought I was being extravagant spending 46k CAD on my ranger. The F150 I wanted would've cost me almost 60k, and I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I could've afforded it, but for how often I seriously use a truck it just wasn't worth it to me.

TimmyB

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Excuse my language, but it is retarded how many F150s they sell monthly, like insanely so.

Where the hell are people getting all the money? Or is all they own? I thought I was being extravagant spending 46k CAD on my ranger. The F150 I wanted would've cost me almost 60k, and I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I could've afforded it, but for how often I seriously use a truck it just wasn't worth it to me.
A not-small part of that is work-related trucks. Businesses don't seem to have a problem with spending that kind of dough.

I just saw an article about the new Maverick. They are thinking it will come in at just under $20K (US) and that would make it the cheapest Ford you can buy. Not Ford truck, the cheapest Ford of ANY kind! Sad reality of how prices have gone in these past few decades.

spartan0078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger lariat
Occupation
Railroader
A not-small part of that is work-related trucks. Businesses don't seem to have a problem with spending that kind of dough.

I just saw an article about the new Maverick. They are thinking it will come in at just under $20K (US) and that would make it the cheapest Ford you can buy. Not Ford truck, the cheapest Ford of ANY kind! Sad reality of how prices have gone in these past few decades.
Oh okay, I hadn't considered fleet trucks being in that equation. It's just wild how many they sell though, the next closest figure not even being remotely close with the explorer, and that's 40k less units per month.

TimmyB

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Oh okay, I hadn't considered fleet trucks being in that equation. It's just wild how many they sell though, the next closest figure not even being remotely close with the explorer, and that's 40k less units per month.
Which is basically why Ford decided to get out of cars. They make HUGE money on trucks and they make them very well. They make a lot of silly decisions but they know what their golden goose is!

CrazyIvan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger

They are taking out 84 month loans to pay for them.

FordSpeed

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger FX4 Supercrew
Happy to be one of those February sales!

As someone who works for a company that sells over 400 $750,000+ airplanes a year, and 80 $2.5M+ jets a year, I am continuously boggled by the number of people out there who have that amount of money to drop on something. Especially those who are in their sixth or seventh plane in only 12-14 years. I guess I can't complain too much though, it does mean I get to be paid. haha
I used to work at an FBO that was a Service Center for those airplanes. There was no shortage of business. We also had a sales guy on the field. There was a time he couldn't keep a demo for more than a week or two out here in WA before it sold.

TimmyB

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
As someone who works for a company that sells over 400 $750,000+ airplanes a year, and 80 $2.5M+ jets a year, I am continuously boggled by the number of people out there who have that amount of money to drop on something. Especially those who are in their sixth or seventh plane in only 12-14 years. I guess I can't complain too much though, it does mean I get to be paid. haha
It's crazy, but it's all relative. We live full-time in our motorhome. We have one of the "cheapies"... a V10 Ford F53 gasser that lists for about $200K. Most of our neighbors in our park in Florida wouldn't lower themselves to be in less than a $400K diesel pusher, and we've even had a Newell next to us ($1M+)!!! Yet, we see people in tents and pop-ups and they say man, you've got it made! I'll never get into the p***ing contest with people over money, because it was never my primary motivation in life. Still isn't. I'm just happy to be enjoying life and I'm looking forward to having my first pickup truck in a few months! :)

Avanti

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Retired
Looks like Ford is having a rough start to 2021.
Maybe it's been colder weather having an effect.
I wonder if the other manufacturers are seeing falling sales numbers ?

Rviator

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A 2019 Ford Ranger of course, and a 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
Occupation
retired aerospace engineer
Vehicle Showcase
The words in the bullet points don't seem to match the data in the chart. Feb 2020 Ranger sales were better than Feb 2021 yet they say Feb sales are best since 2004. Am I missing something? Marketing spin isn't that blatant.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
The words in the bullet points don't seem to match the data in the chart. Feb 2020 Ranger sales were better than Feb 2021 yet they say Feb sales are best since 2004. Am I missing something? Marketing spin isn't that blatant.
Best "retail" sales since 2004. Perhaps last year they sold a lot of "fleet" Rangers?

Avanti

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Retired
Based on F150 sales being almost 10 times Ranger sales, I don’t see why Ford continues to manufacture the Ranger. Why keep another line, supply chain, service, warranty for another truck ? If even half those Ranger sales convert to F150, Ford would probably be way ahead.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Based on F150 sales being almost 10 times Ranger sales, I don’t see why Ford continues to manufacture the Ranger. Why keep another line, supply chain, service, warranty for another truck ? If even half those Ranger sales convert to F150, Ford would probably be way ahead.
LOL
Sponsored