Fas-Top Travel Package installed (painful but worth it in the end)

Dahveed

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x4 / 2020 Ford Edge ST-Line
Occupation
Pharmacy Consultant
Hey, David.

On FB, they just posted about a bike race they were at over the weekend and they posted this:

Thank you everyone for coming out to the Otter Creek Bike Race! It was a great time with amazing people!
Get $250 off a TRV
Enter code: bike

$250 off is a pretty sweet deal. Better than the 15% off that I got last month, anyway!

Good luck with yours!
Hey thanks! I don't monitor FB much anymore!
Sponsored

Dahveed

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pharmacy Consultant
After that "bike" sale popping up and about three weeks of waiting, my TRV package arrived this week. Install went pretty well. I think the only complaints I have is the black coating on the aluminum parts does not seem to be very durable, and that gap at the front of the bed. Why Ford decided to make the front edge over an inch below the sides is beyond me. I ended up stacking some weatherstripping I bought at Menards, but I'll probably try to find something else in the future that fits a bit better. 1" thick weatherstrip is a bit hard to find.
1626472787211-png.png

1626472856822-png.png

OP
OP
TimmyB

TimmyB

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 2020 Fleetwood Bounder 35P
Occupation
Retired
After that "bike" sale popping up and about three weeks of waiting, my TRV package arrived this week. Install went pretty well. I think the only complaints I have is the black coating on the aluminum parts does not seem to be very durable, and that gap at the front of the bed. Why Ford decided to make the front edge over an inch below the sides is beyond me. I ended up stacking some weatherstripping I bought at Menards, but I'll probably try to find something else in the future that fits a bit better. 1" thick weatherstrip is a bit hard to find.
1626472787211-png.png

1626472856822-png.png
Looks great, David! I was worried about that front gap but it truly has been zero problems and I'm one of the crazies who does car washes!

r2ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Hi all just wondering how you guys ordered your TRV? I don’t see an option on the FasTop site for the Ford Ranger. Do you just call and mention you have a Ranger with 5’ ft bed? Thanks! This meets our needs perfectly!

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Hi all just wondering how you guys ordered your TRV? I don’t see an option on the FasTop site for the Ford Ranger. Do you just call and mention you have a Ranger with 5’ ft bed? Thanks! This meets our needs perfectly!
I ordered mine online. Ranger was a choice then.

If it's not showing there now I'd give them a ring

OP
OP
TimmyB

TimmyB

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Wow, that's really strange. It doesn't appear in 2019 or 2020, either.

Dahveed

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pharmacy Consultant
They had been doing updates to their website and then suddenly stopped. Also almost impossible to get them to reply to email or Facebook messages now. I wonder if they lost the girl, Sommer, that was taking care of that stuff for them.

I finally had to call to check on the status of my order. Took a bit over three weeks to get mine. The website still shows my order as “processing” even though it was delivered almost a month ago.

OP
OP
TimmyB

TimmyB

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
They had been doing updates to their website and then suddenly stopped. Also almost impossible to get them to reply to email or Facebook messages now. I wonder if they lost the girl, Sommer, that was taking care of that stuff for them.

I finally had to call to check on the status of my order. Took a bit over three weeks to get mine. The website still shows my order as “processing” even though it was delivered almost a month ago.
Wow, not good at all! That is one thing I noticed in dealing with them. They seem very "mom-and-pop" in their organization. That CAN be a good thing but if they become bigger than they can handle and (as you opined) they loose a key player or two, it can be real bad.
Sponsored