My new ARE topper installed today.. is this right?

Fleckbass

First Name
BRUCE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FORD RANGER XLT FX4 WHITE
looks good. do you mind sending me photos closeup of the corners, open and closed? im wondering how good a seal it makes.

after all this fuss, our topper is on and hard at work, and the only thing still bugging me is there is a small gap in those corners that lets dust in, and probably would let rain in if its blowing. im just curious about the LEER design.

it looks like theres probably a tighter fit against the back of the cab as well. not sure if that helps reduce wind noise or MPG loss or anything. just brainstorming differences.
Yeah. I'm busy next few days. Will send some next week. The leer didn't need tape. It has a seal underneath.
Sponsored

SafetyDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 V2 - Ranger Lariat, FX4, 501A, Trailer Tow (Lightning Blue), V1- Lariat, FX4, 500A, Trailer Tow (Ingot Silver) <Epic Fail - Lemon>
Vehicle Showcase
Looks to be to far forward.

Fleckbass

First Name
BRUCE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
looks good. do you mind sending me photos closeup of the corners, open and closed? im wondering how good a seal it makes.

after all this fuss, our topper is on and hard at work, and the only thing still bugging me is there is a small gap in those corners that lets dust in, and probably would let rain in if its blowing. im just curious about the LEER design.

it looks like theres probably a tighter fit against the back of the cab as well. not sure if that helps reduce wind noise or MPG loss or anything. just brainstorming differences.
Yeah. I'm busy next few days. Will send some next week. The leer didn't need tape. It has a seal underneath 9k
Looks to be to far forward.
Yes, it does look that way. Looks good in back and the contours look good between the cap and cab. The owner explained that it is overhanging there and the back rail. This will help with keeping out water. I'm totally happy with it so far. Hoping it's dry when it rains.

Fleckbass

First Name
BRUCE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Does this help? Much tighter than the A.R.E.

20201007_143246.jpg

20201007_143252.jpg

20201007_143301.jpg

20201007_143311.jpg

OP
OP
charwest

charwest

First Name
char & tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL FX4 Supercab
Occupation
Healthcare
Does this help? Much tighter than the A.R.E.

20201007_143246.jpg

20201007_143252.jpg

20201007_143301.jpg

20201007_143311.jpg
yes, perfect. thanks for taking the time to do that.

yes ours appears to have a bigger gap in the corners. if i did this again i would not go with ARE unless something has changed.

jblc

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT FX2 supercab
This is a great post, thanks charwest.

Am I mistaken, or does anyone have a 6' Leer canopy on their 2020/2021?

I've 2x ARE on my early-model ranger, and was thinking about it again.
Based on this post I looked into Leer -- but it doesn't look like they make canopies for the 6' bed for 2020 or 2021 supercab, unfortunately.

20scabstx

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 ranger
Occupation
Steel worker
I would loosen the mounts and just tell them it fell off.
Sponsored