First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
I put the one under the oil pan / steering on my 2wd I know its not a "real" skid plate but some protection compared to none and that steering motor hangs down so it needs some protection
I did exactly the same to my '20 4x2, the steering gear looks to be very vulnerable, even in non-off-road driving...
Sponsored

thewhiteranger

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger fx2 and a 2019 Subaru Outback
Occupation
medical
I did exactly the same to my '20 4x2, the steering gear looks to be very vulnerable, even in non-off-road driving...
yep -- exactly why I did it -- that motor is not at all protected from road crap and im sure its very expensive! those plates or at least a plastic one should be on all of the trucks!

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
Isn't there a blacked out one? Don't want to have to paint it or rhino line. Anyone know the part number for black one.
I have the black appearance package and my plate came black

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!

smashpwnage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 ranger xlt
Occupation
self employed
I haven't seen an answer to this yet, apologies if it's been asked.

Either A or B plate is used ; is there a functional advantage to the silver B plate?

Does the B plate actually partially act as a bash plate, or is the bash functionality mostly cosmetic?

I'll be mounting to an FX2 with 4x4 tow hooks (so potentially incompatible bumper?)
Have you installed the fx4 plate? Is it compatible with the non exposed tow hook bumper?

jblc

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT FX2 supercab
Have you installed the fx4 plate? Is it compatible with the non exposed tow hook bumper?
It was not compatible for my non-fx4 vehicle -- new tow hooks were needed. It fit fine after adding the new tow hooks.
I'm not sure what you mean by "non exposed tow hook bumper", but mine was fx2 so had the hooks exposed. I don't know what's meant by a non exposed bumper but one that still exposes tow hooks...

smashpwnage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 ranger xlt
Occupation
self employed
It was not compatible for my non-fx4 vehicle -- new tow hooks were needed. It fit fine after adding the new tow hooks.
I'm not sure what you mean by "non exposed tow hook bumper", but mine was fx2 so had the hooks exposed. I don't know what's meant by a non exposed bumper but one that still exposes tow hooks...

I have a 4x2 and there are no tow hooks or any openings for them on my bumper. Looks like I might need more parts than just tow hooks and the plate

jblc

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT FX2 supercab
I have a 4x2 and there are no tow hooks or any openings for them on my bumper. Looks like I might need more parts than just tow hooks and the plate
Ah, got it. Yeah, you'd need to do more -- at least based on how i've seen it done (or done it). Others will surely have thoughts :)

V1KT3R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 1990 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Do you see the 2 little wings to the sides of the skid plate? That’s your “air dam” LOL
Does anyone know the parts numbers for the "wings" (rock deflectors)? I am upgrading to the FX4 kit and having hell finding these.

LevittownFordParts.com

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
LevittownFordParts.com
Vehicle(s)
All Ford's

V1KT3R

Threads