Factory FX4 Skid Plate

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Do they sell the lower plastic as well to match the skid plate ? and if you have a part number can you please post it.
There's a thread with the part numbers, They do sell the plastic, but it's pricey. For the cost you could easily get a set of skid plates from 589Fab before you're done with shipping nonsense and 40$ bolts from Ford.

EDIT: I just realized you're in HI, in that case you might be screwed on shipping no matter which route you go.
Sponsored

Synyster06Gates

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Finally got around to doing this today! I was always a bit concerned doing off-road things with the tiny non-fx4 skid. Swap took about 20 minutes after locating all the bolts to remove the air dam. I ended up with a factory black skid plate that I'm liking more than I figured I would.

Before
9WrZ9xK.jpg

bTfOv2b.jpg

During

PHCMmTO.jpg

After

wzh0d5U.jpg

Carnage

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford ranger
Finally got around to doing this today! I was always a bit concerned doing off-road things with the tiny non-fx4 skid. Swap took about 20 minutes after locating all the bolts to remove the air dam. I ended up with a factory black skid plate that I'm liking more than I figured I would.

Before
9WrZ9xK.jpg

bTfOv2b.jpg

During
Looks great ! I just got my fx4 skid plate today. Been wondering if the smaller black plate my 4x4 came with is gonna stay on underneath the new one??
PHCMmTO.jpg

After

wzh0d5U.jpg

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman

Before
9WrZ9xK.jpg

bTfOv2b.jpg

During

PHCMmTO.jpg

After

wzh0d5U.jpg
Looks good.

Would be even better with a black valence.

TremorOwner

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
It’s junk. I damaged it in one outing due to a minor scrape. It bent down the middle. Glad it was there but a real skid plate wouldn’t have bent in this situation. Don’t waste your money. It needs a new be twice as thick. You can warp/bend this POS by hand!!

Synyster06Gates

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
It’s junk. I damaged it in one outing due to a minor scrape. It bent down the middle. Glad it was there but a real skid plate wouldn’t have bent in this situation. Don’t waste your money. It needs a new be twice as thick. You can warp/bend this POS by hand!!
Haven't had any issues with mine. I bashed the one on the silver truck above multiple times and hit my Tremor once or twice this last outing with no issue.

thewhiteranger

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger fx2 and a 2019 Subaru Outback
Occupation
medical
I put the one under the oil pan / steering on my 2wd I know its not a "real" skid plate but some protection compared to none and that steering motor hangs down so it needs some protection

NurseNeil

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, SPORT
Occupation
Nurse

Before
9WrZ9xK.jpg

bTfOv2b.jpg

During

PHCMmTO.jpg

After

wzh0d5U.jpg
How come I can't see the bolts to get rid of the damn?? Pics or guidant pleas3

LevittownFordParts.com

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
LevittownFordParts.com
Vehicle(s)
All Ford's

Yes here are the part numbers.

KB3Z-17779-A
KB3Z-17778-A
KB3Z-17C887-A
KB3Z-17C886-A
W705958-S439 x2
W717403-S442 x2
W505142-S442 x6

You can see here how the bracket 17754A is required to support this

1645472063186.png

Revised thanks to @foxunderhill

Please let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks,
-Benny

Last edited:

Clank

First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT Sport Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Vehicle Showcase
I haven't seen an answer to this yet, apologies if it's been asked.

Either A or B plate is used ; is there a functional advantage to the silver B plate?

Does the B plate actually partially act as a bash plate, or is the bash functionality mostly cosmetic?
I am also going back and forth on this. I am sure the Fx4 plate is a little larger, but I am trying to figure out if it is thicker or stronger.
Sponsored