First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 2WD
Occupation
NC National Guard
I also plan to order the plates, at least the front ones -- the shipping on ford parts is expensive for some reason I believe the kb3z73063 is a transfer case plate that doesn't fit the 2wd since we don't have the transfer case. And glad they told you that the bolts are each instead of 4 pk like is pictured. curious what was the total with shipping for all that?
If it doesn't fit then I'll see if someone on here wants it. I asked Benny from Levittown to put me together a quote and that's what he gave me with a free shipping code.
Sponsored

thewhiteranger

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger fx2 and a 2019 Subaru Outback
Occupation
medical
If it doesn't fit then I'll see if someone on here wants it. I asked Benny from Levittown to put me together a quote and that's what he gave me with a free shipping code.
wow free shipping? thats awesome!!!! makes it a great deal. I wish the dealers and places like Tasca would have more / cheaper shipping options by the time I add shipping the local dealer is pretty much the same. hey if you don't mind, would you show that front skid plate when you get it? my Fx 2 has a plastic part and I was wondering what the difference in size is between the metal one you got and the one I have

Bproctor

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
NC National Guard
wow free shipping? thats awesome!!!! makes it a great deal. I wish the dealers and places like Tasca would have more / cheaper shipping options by the time I add shipping the local dealer is pretty much the same. hey if you don't mind, would you show that front skid plate when you get it? my Fx 2 has a plastic part and I was wondering what the difference in size is between the metal one you got and the one I have
Will do. Might be a while, It's on backorder supposedly until the first week of October.

thewhiteranger

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
medical
thanks --

Id like to add them as well and that looks like a great deal for all of them, I just wish ford had some of these things in stock. The 3rd tie down hooks are also on back order... probably covid related im sure. 2020 is a lot of fun so far, can't wait for New Years.........

Bproctor

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
NC National Guard

Bproctor

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
NC National Guard

thewhiteranger

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
medical

BlueSport

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X2
Hey guys i had a question i just put my skid plate that i bought .....but i had to take the smaller black skid plate to make it fit. On the diagram it looks like the black one goes under the the fx4 skid plate..... if it helps i have a 4x4 sport

Hirnlego

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 302A
It is an either or, both plates are not needed.

The FX4 has the steel plate and the non FX4 but 4x4 models have the thin black plate. Correct me if I am wrong on that, but that is what I have noticed and seen.
Mine is a 2wd XLT and has none. I would like to add the thin black one for protection of the rad and to keep the dust and dirt out of the engine bay.

Last edited:

jblc

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT FX2 supercab
I haven't seen an answer to this yet, apologies if it's been asked.

Either A or B plate is used ; is there a functional advantage to the silver B plate?

Does the B plate actually partially act as a bash plate, or is the bash functionality mostly cosmetic?

I'll be mounting to an FX2 with 4x4 tow hooks (so potentially incompatible bumper?)

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
I haven't seen an answer to this yet, apologies if it's been asked.

Either A or B plate is used ; is there a functional advantage to the silver B plate?

Does the B plate actually partially act as a bash plate, or is the bash functionality mostly cosmetic?

I'll be mounting to an FX2 with 4x4 tow hooks (so potentially incompatible bumper?)
My dad has a 4x4 Lariat, and I have a XLT Fx4. The plate on mine is much larger, but there's no chin spoiler on it. His chin spoiler goes all the way across, while mine is just in front of the tires. So you might end up needing to do some odd things if you're attempting to retrofit.

The FX4 plate is definitely going to protect more stuff though.

See if someone local to you can meet up and you can look things over in person.

ranger-rick-roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
What other skid plates need to be added to normal 4x4 to get it equivalent with fx4? Can't seem to get a definitive answer on that after reading this thread.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
What other skid plates need to be added to normal 4x4 to get it equivalent with fx4? Can't seem to get a definitive answer on that after reading this thread.
It looks from my view that it's just a different front skid (4x4 has a weaker looking skid), and a t-case "rainbow" looking skid. The rest seems to be in the bumper where the regular 4x4 has a fill width valance, and the FX4 has a split one with a different lower plastic to match the skid.

Cpt.Hawaiian

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 STX 4x4 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Manager
Anyone have a installation video on how to install this? would like to check it out.

Cpt.Hawaiian

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 STX 4x4 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Manager
It looks from my view that it's just a different front skid (4x4 has a weaker looking skid), and a t-case "rainbow" looking skid. The rest seems to be in the bumper where the regular 4x4 has a fill width valance, and the FX4 has a split one with a different lower plastic to match the skid.
Do they sell the lower plastic as well to match the skid plate ? and if you have a part number can you please post it.
Sponsored