First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Ranger Lariat Tremor, 2018 BMW X5
Occupation
Retired!
I was always a big truck guy, and for 40 years I’ve had a full size truck. Last year I bought a well equipped F150 SCREW 4x4 that I actually really liked- but realized that at this point in my life I don’t need the hassle of squeezing it into the garage and finding big enough parking spots- I don’t tow and rarely haul anything. A new Ranger Lariat Tremor SCREW showed up on the lot and with a little hesitation, I traded in my ‘20 for the ‘21 (bad economic decision, I know). But so far I really love the Ranger! The ride isn’t as smooth as the F150 but it’s smoother than I thought it would be, and the seats are very comfy. It’s been a month but I have no regrets about the trade and my wife doesn’t have to park her car against the wall anymore! It also seems to have more personality than the big truck, which is very cool. Time will tell, but even my buddy with his big tricked out 4x4 Dodge is impressed (I know, the bar is low on that one).
Sponsored

Sapo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I have a pristine 2010 F150 XLT 4WD Screw with 6.5 bed. It has 40,000 miles on it and has never needed a repair. Oil changes and a battery so far. It has a very nice ride on the highway.

We recently bought a 2019 Ranger 4WD Lariat SuperCab only 10k miles with the idea we’d sell the big truck and keep the Ranger. Well, I could no way part with my trusty comfortable F-150 and decided to keep it and the Ranger.

The Ranger is easy to park and drive in our crowded and busy city streets, but nowhere as comfortable as the F-150. So, the F-150 will remain as our vehicle for extended out of state trips and the Ranger our city cruiser and trips up to the nearby mountains and state parks. It‘s a fun little truck to drive.

William Oz

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Escape
Occupation
Autoworker
I was always a big truck guy, and for 40 years I’ve had a full size truck. Last year I bought a well equipped F150 SCREW 4x4 that I actually really liked- but realized that at this point in my life I don’t need the hassle of squeezing it into the garage and finding big enough parking spots- I don’t tow and rarely haul anything. A new Ranger Lariat Tremor SCREW showed up on the lot and with a little hesitation, I traded in my ‘20 for the ‘21 (bad economic decision, I know). But so far I really love the Ranger! The ride isn’t as smooth as the F150 but it’s smoother than I thought it would be, and the seats are very comfy. It’s been a month but I have no regrets about the trade and my wife doesn’t have to park her car against the wall anymore! It also seems to have more personality than the big truck, which is very cool. Time will tell, but even my buddy with his big tricked out 4x4 Dodge is impressed (I know, the bar is low on that one).
I did the same. I had a 2015 F-150XLT screw 6.5 bed that I loved. I couldn't even park at the plant my truck was built at. Then Carvana offered me $32k for it last year I decided it was time.
I love this little truck.

Joeiconic

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
I think this is why the mid-size truck is growing in popularity. I also drove F150’s for years and I absolutely do NOT miss the size of a full size truck. From my garage at home to my garage at work, my life is a lot easier. And, as a weekend DIY’er, I have not yet encountered a project it couldn’t handle from a hauling perspective. I find the Ranger just as comfortable to travel in as the F150. Now, if you‘re hauling folks in the back seat, that is obviously a different story.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
It was the same situation with me. I had always owned F-150's, and they were all very reliable. The comfort of the trucks was quite enjoyable. Then my little town started growing, and parking lots more crowed, with the spaces geting smaller so the business could get more customers in the lot. It grew more difficult to manuver that F-150 Crew Cab, and we all know you can't turn one around in the 40 acre field. The Ranger fits right in now, and I really enjoy how nimble it is in any situation.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
I agree with all the comments on the size. The Ranger does not need to get any bigger. It's already as big as a two generation old F150. If you need a 6.5 foot bed buy an F150 and deal with parking it. Leave my Ranger alone.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
I agree with all the comments on the size. The Ranger does not need to get any bigger. It's already as big as a two generation old F150. If you need a 6.5 foot bed buy an F150 and deal with parking it. Leave my Ranger alone.
I agree, I wouldn't want the Ranger any larger. Heck, I even looked a the Maverick. But with what I carry in my Super Cab bed, it would never fit in the Mavericks bed.

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
Coming home from the store today, I passed an early model tundra. My Ranger was just as big. I actually thought it was a taco at first. To me, the Ranger is the right size truck that fits my needs perfectly.

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2020 Escape AWD Hybrid
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
The Ranger is, I think, the perfect size truck. It is easy to drive thru town or park, and it is comfortable any where I drive. Add in 21.5 to 22 MPG and I can 't beat it. Ford Fxxkin Ranger.

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
After two snow storms now, I can say the smaller Ranger is so much easier to maneuver when plowing the driveway. The turn radius is smaller even in 4WD and clearing our small, tight driveway is easier.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I wouldn't mind it if the Ranger were just slightly smaller than it is, but the size is good.

Very nimble turning radius after coming from a Frontier with a turning radius rivaling an aircraft carrier.

Sariandan

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
Occupation
Paramedic/Shift Supervisor
Now, if you‘re hauling folks in the back seat, that is obviously a different story.
Nah.... that's a non-issue. I don't sit in the back seat.

remtv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT , 2001 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Engineer, Student
Its reassuring to hear that quite a few of you are happy with the switch, The ranger is my first truck but I have driven a few 1/2 tons for work or recently a U-Haul Chevy rental. My ranger purchase was something I was mulling over since early 2021 when a good friend of mine bought one as nice material hauling vehicle and DD to spare his Porsche and Mercedes some wear that and its hard to load lumber in a cayenne.

I was planning on trying out the rest of mid size market as well as an f150/ other 1/2 tons but I managed to put my DD out of action for a few months by over torqueing an oil sensor and my luck would have it my 21 showed up at dealer in mobile who was doing a little bit below msrp and no fees after an Incentive so I snatched it up, didn't even know about X-plan (would saved me 2K) until the day before I picked it up.

Now that the honeymoon period is over I have gotten to hear how bad a deal midsize trucks are, should have just bought an f150 etc....

VegasRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 STX Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Damper Salesman
I love my Ranger, but I am going to upgrade to an F-150 in the future. I just love the larger interior space of full size trucks, especially for long distance trips. The downside is it probably wont fit in my garage :(

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4