RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I think it's the difference between the F-150 where the dogs have been riding the past 6 years both on the floor and on the seats - the Ranger looks a heck of a lot smaller. The mutts used to ride in the back of a 2008 Ranger so the F-150 was like moving from a shoe box to a Condo. :) When I picked up the new F-150 and showed the Wife, the only thing she said was "The dogs will really like the back seat." :frown:
The Ranger is quite a bit smaller - The back seat on the F-150's is huge. But - I think the dogs will fit just fine in the seat. Or worst case you flip the seat up and make the platform which will give them almost as much room as they had on the floor of the F-150 - almost.

Edit: This is the platform I was referring to - someone made it and posted a photo of it a while back - I thought it was a great idea: https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/best-way-to-transport-dogs.2324/#post-34842
Sponsored

Last edited:

Hllll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 XLT 302A with Sport package
Had three new F-150s in a row since 1992. The last one being a 2004 SuperCrew Lariat 4X4. Put 226K miles on it before selling it in less that 24 hours once the Ranger was inbound to the dealer. Loved my F-150s. Swore that if I had to have a truck, it would be an F-150. Well prices just keep going up on vehicles every year. My 2004 was $38K MSRP. To get the same truck in the same trim level would run in the mid $50K range.

Wanted newer technology, better gas mileage and a good looking truck that I could put another 200K miles on. The Ranger easily fits the bill. While I did lose some floor space room in the rear floorboards as opposed to the F-150 for hauling fishing gear, the new Ranger can meet all my current and future kayaking needs. This one has to last me as long as the last F-150...lol!

2004_F-150.jpg

SingleKayak.jpg
that’s a surprise! My F150 msrp was $54k, but Ford (and some negotiation) brought the price down to $39k - mine is a Lariat crew cab with the 2.7L

CaptainAmericaRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Machine & Tool Designer- Ford Motor Comapny
Vehicle Showcase
Anybody regret downsizing. On the fence trading my Crewcab F150 for a Crewcab Ranger. Concerned about limited space in the 2nd row.
Yeah, i kinda do and kinda don't lol.
My 2015 F150 XLT FX4 SCREW was awesome...just TOO big. I love most of the Ranger. However, one of my biggest issues is the real lack on interior space, mainly cargo space.
once they lose the two humps in the back (the trans tunnel and the under seat hump) on the next gen, it should be a lot better. I've had to get creative with where to put the things i easily carried on the F150...hence the two swing cases i have on the bed.

Kemo Sabe

First Name
Kemo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Anybody regret downsizing. On the fence trading my Crewcab F150 for a Crewcab Ranger. Concerned about limited space in the 2nd row.
Yes. I miss the full size bed and interior. I like the Ranger’s god gas mileage.

Reactions: FoD

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Yes. I miss the full size bed and interior. I like the Ranger’s god gas mileage.
Me too, I have not had to fill it once since driving out Heaven's Gate...:angel:
Sponsored