F150 to Ranger

Rousseb

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Anybody regret downsizing. On the fence trading my Crewcab F150 for a Crewcab Ranger. Concerned about limited space in the 2nd row.
Sponsored

Marshal.

First Name
Marshal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger, 1979 Mazda rx7
I went from a 2016 SCREW f150, to a SCREW ranger. I miss the flat floor of the f150. The only thing I typically haul in the cab was 3, 50LBS dogs though. I can’t really do that in the ranger anymore. They now go in the box, with a topper on it. Makes it a little difficult with extra luggage when on camping trips, but the smaller size of the ranger is really nice compared to the f150, I don’t regret it at all

MTB-BRUH

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Base
Occupation
Shop Manager
I had a 04 F-150 screw and loved it except the sh!t box 5.4 engine. Loving my super cab ranger. Tows only 1/4 less, gets way better fuel mileage and more power. No regrets

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I only haul a 60 lb dog, but you could easily fit two of them laying down in the back of a Ranger. If you did something like this:

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/best-way-to-transport-dogs.2324/#post-34842

I'm sure you could easily fit two 100 lb German Sheperds on that platform.

You could make a space the size of that platform and see what it looks like when they laid down.

Edit: I went out and measured and 2' wide by 4' across is very close - you might be able to get another 2" across (50"), but 2' x 4' would be safe for sure. See if your dogs would be comfortable in that space.

808matt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Sport Package, 2015 f450 Bucket Truck
Had a 11 screw f150, didn’t need a full size so traded for a Tacoma, now I have the ranger. I do miss having a full size but it’s not needed in my life at the moment

Robert Manikowski

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 F-150 Lariat
I will be coming from a 2007 F-150 supercab, I am waiting for my Ranger supercab to come in. I gave it a lot of thought but in the end all that extra space was not needed for what I use the truck for. I don't think I will have any regrets.

The supercrew wasn't even an option once I saw how small the 5' was in real life.

JoelD

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Anybody regret downsizing. On the fence trading my Crew cab F150 for a Crew cab Ranger. Concerned about limited space in the 2nd row.
Yes! I had a 2016 Lariat crew cab. I miss the adjustable driver side pedals, ventilated seats, shortened drivers side legroom, remote tailgate, and sunroof. Even though my Ranger is a Lariat the comforts are not the same.

Michael Bailey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4, 2017 Escape SE 2.0 4x4, 1974 Norton Commando 850, 1967 Norton P11 750
Occupation
Trout Fisher, Layabout, US Army SGM (Ret)
Vehicle Showcase
Do I miss going from 15 to 23 MPG?

Not much.

I sold my F150 to a good friend, he is delighted with it and I am happy for him.

P7180361.jpg

Reactions: Doc

Deleted member 1634

I only haul a 60 lb dog, but you could easily fit two of them laying down in the back of a Ranger. If you did something like this:

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/best-way-to-transport-dogs.2324/#post-34842

I'm sure you could easily fit two 100 lb German Sheperds on that platform.

You could make a space the size of that platform and see what it looks like when they laid down.

Edit: I went out and measured and 2' wide by 4' across is very close - you might be able to get another 2" across (50"), but 2' x 4' would be safe for sure. See if your dogs would be comfortable in that space.
We regularly fit 2 60lb dogs in the back of our SuperCrew with no trouble at all. Of course our dogs like each other very much and usually snuggle together in a little ball on one side. So realistically for us, we could even fit a person in the backseat with the dogs if we needed for a short while. On trips we fill the rear footwells with our softer cargo, so they can just lay their head or stretch out more on those. But in the end, no issues at all.

Ironglove

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150
Presently have a 2013 F-150 and the lack of room in the back of the Ranger has us pondering the possible purchase of a Ranger.
Like many posters, we have 2 dogs, one in the 30 lb, the other in the 40 lb range and they've been in luxury in the F-150.
Wife won't drive the F-150, too big for her but loved driving the old Ranger ( I know, not the same as the new Ranger ) and she thinks a 2019 Ranger would work for her.
We are both short so we have to take a close look at floor space for the mutts with our seats moved pretty far forward.
The overall smaller size, some of the advanced off road capabilities and the better gas mileage sure are attractive.
Probably boil down to price less trade in, hopefully a Dealer will make it too good to refuse. :fingerscrossed:

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Presently have a 2013 F-150 and the lack of room in the back of the Ranger has us pondering the possible purchase of a Ranger.
Like many posters, we have 2 dogs, one in the 30 lb, the other in the 40 lb range and they've been in luxury in the F-150.
Wife won't drive the F-150, too big for her but loved driving the old Ranger ( I know, not the same as the new Ranger ) and she thinks a 2019 Ranger would work for her.
We are both short so we have to take a close look at floor space for the mutts with our seats moved pretty far forward.
The overall smaller size, some of the advanced off road capabilities and the better gas mileage sure are attractive.
Probably boil down to price less trade in, hopefully a Dealer will make it too good to refuse. :fingerscrossed:
My 60 lb mutt has plenty of space along with a person in the back seat of my SuperCrew. We did a 300 mile trip and both the dog and my daughter were very comfortable back there. I'd be very surprised if your dogs were cramped in the back of the Ranger (assuming you are looking at a SuperCrew).

My son has a 2015 F-150 and the back seat in that thing is CAVERNOUS. We had 3 people and 2 dogs (our 60 lb one and his 80 lb one) back there once and while it was full, it wasn't terribly cramped. The Ranger isn't THAT large :)

Hopefully the dealer makes you a good deal.

Edit - I didn't see you said FLOOR space - my dog rides on the seat - It might be cramped for the dogs on the floor - but yours are smaller, and if you have the seats forward it might still work. Another option would be to fold up the seat and make a small platform for them to sit on. If you did that they would have LOTS of room.

SRAces

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2015 Mercedes-Benz GLA, 2004 Mercedes-Benz SLK 230 Special Edition
Occupation
USAF (retired)
Vehicle Showcase
Had three new F-150s in a row since 1992. The last one being a 2004 SuperCrew Lariat 4X4. Put 226K miles on it before selling it in less that 24 hours once the Ranger was inbound to the dealer. Loved my F-150s. Swore that if I had to have a truck, it would be an F-150. Well prices just keep going up on vehicles every year. My 2004 was $38K MSRP. To get the same truck in the same trim level would run in the mid $50K range.

Wanted newer technology, better gas mileage and a good looking truck that I could put another 200K miles on. The Ranger easily fits the bill. While I did lose some floor space room in the rear floorboards as opposed to the F-150 for hauling fishing gear, the new Ranger can meet all my current and future kayaking needs. This one has to last me as long as the last F-150...lol!

2004_F-150.jpg

SingleKayak.jpg

fordman89

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCab, 2014 Ford Mustang GT
I had a 2010 F-150 and I loved that truck. I had no need for a 1/2 ton, but enjoyed having a truck. I traded in my 01 Ranger for the F-150, coulda got another Ranger but hated that Ford was essentially letting the Ranger die at that point without updating it, but I digress. Traded in the F-150 for a Focus in 2017, mostly due to a new job and a much longer commute to work and 17 MPG would have gotten old fast. Plus I have my Mustang for my fill of V8 fun. But. I missed having a truck. I was anxiously awaiting the return of the Ranger. As soon as Ford introduced it, I knew the Focus's days were numbered. The rest is history and I'm a happy truck owner again. Didn't even consider a F-150 this time around, even with the 2.7L.

Ironglove

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150
My 60 lb mutt has plenty of space along with a person in the back seat of my SuperCrew. We did a 300 mile trip and both the dog and my daughter were very comfortable back there. I'd be very surprised if your dogs were cramped in the back of the Ranger (assuming you are looking at a SuperCrew).

My son has a 2015 F-150 and the back seat in that thing is CAVERNOUS. We had 3 people and 2 dogs (our 60 lb one and his 80 lb one) back there once and while it was full, it wasn't terribly cramped. The Ranger isn't THAT large :)

Hopefully the dealer makes you a good deal.

Edit - I didn't see you said FLOOR space - my dog rides on the seat - It might be cramped for the dogs on the floor - but yours are smaller, and if you have the seats forward it might still work. Another option would be to fold up the seat and make a small platform for them to sit on. If you did that they would have LOTS of room.
I think it's the difference between the F-150 where the dogs have been riding the past 6 years both on the floor and on the seats - the Ranger looks a heck of a lot smaller. The mutts used to ride in the back of a 2008 Ranger so the F-150 was like moving from a shoe box to a Condo. :) When I picked up the new F-150 and showed the Wife, the only thing she said was "The dogs will really like the back seat." :frown:
Sponsored