First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape Ford Ranger
Occupation
Ironworker
I used to lurk on a F150 forum and the haters were always going on about getting a F150 for the same money or a little cheaper. But they were always comparing a xl or a heavily discounted xlt to a fully loaded lariat Ranger. Besides some of us just want a little more compact truck but they don't want to hear that.
Sponsored

I_smell_like_diesel

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat
Occupation
Self Employed
What sold me on the Ranger over the F-150 is that it's a much more playful truck. My first "nice" vehicle I owned was a 1999 Ranger Sport 4x4. I like the size of a mid-size truck because it feels more realistic in day to day life for me. Also, the 2.3L Ecoboost mated to the 10R80 trans feels like a good combination. The fact that they use the 10R80 in high horsepower applications is pretty re-assuring as well. Makes me think that this truck should last a while.

foulmouf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Super Cab STX Fx4
Why would you buy a Ranger instead of a F-150 is like asking why you would buy a Tacoma instead of a F-150 but this equivalency seems to be lost on most people for some reason. Different size trucks exist for different sorts of needs and wants.

ch47dmechanic

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Why would you buy a Ranger instead of a F-150 is like asking why you would buy a Tacoma instead of a F-150 but this equivalency seems to be lost on most people for some reason. Different size trucks exist for different sorts of needs and wants.
Or more like, "Why would you buy a Tacoma versus a Tundra?" or "Why would you buy a Colorado versus a Silverado?". It's the same silly question regardless of the manufacturer.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Or more like, "Why would you buy a Tacoma versus a Tundra?" or "Why would you buy a Colorado versus a Silverado?". It's the same silly question regardless of the manufacturer.
Or...Why would you buy a Tacoma,period! :puke:
Sponsored