First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4X4, 2016 Corvette Stingray
Occupation
REALTOR
i'm not sure you are enjoying it....you're starter is sad as he just sits on the sidelines not being used.
Don’t care about feelings, only facts.
Sponsored

gwhalin

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Darn, that's a lot of thought this early in the morning. lol You're slacking RP, in your analogies you forgot the most important one. You'll ruin your tailgate letting it fall 75,000 times without a damper. :wink:
Easy! Just never lower your tailgate and that damper will last forever!

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Easy! Just never lower your tailgate and that damper will last forever!
I guess we could never start our trucks and the started would too. lol ?

The main reason I have a truck is for work and I'm in and out of the bed at least 5x's a day when working. While I love my Ranger I'm looking forward to not owning a truck one day as I've been driving one for 25+ years now. Other than work the only time I make good use of the bed is when we go shooting and I load it up with gear and target stands. If the Jeep works out that'll serve me better for the off roading I do.

Reactions: Doc

Tim H.

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
REALTOR
thats odd, because you seem to be only against ASS because of feelings.
you've posted no facts to support your concerns.
Using a starter for a.s.s. will wear it out quicker than not. Fact

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
I guess we could never start our trucks and the started would too. lol ?

The main reason I have a truck is for work and I'm in and out of the bed at least 5x's a day when working. While I love my Ranger I'm looking forward to not owning a truck one day as I've been driving one for 25+ years now. Other than work the only time I make good use of the bed is when we go shooting and I load it up with gear and target stands. If the Jeep works out that'll serve me better for the off roading I do.
1ECDDC00-42FC-44F1-B306-E12BD8BC3737.jpeg

Tim H.

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
REALTOR
exactly.
you have to remember, there are people here who freely believe bullshit and are easily sucked into false claims

i'll personally let you know when my starter fails and I have to eat my words. dont wait around though, it's probably going to be a long long time.
You can’t let it go can you? You sound like a real blast to be with at parties. ?
Fact is anything used more than the same object not used as much will wear out sooner. 3rd grade knowledge.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
You can’t let it go can you? You sound like a real blast to be with at parties. ?
Fact is anything used more than the same object not used as much will wear out sooner. 3rd grade knowledge.
Both of you let it go! This is an argument. No body is going to or can win. If you don't like ASS, disable it how ever you choose. If you like it or don't care, be happy. Just don't try to justify you decision to anyone else with assumed issues. Yes, anything used more will wear out sooner. Whether that sooner is an issue, there is no proof, just assumptions. We all know what ASSUMING does.

I personally have mine disabled, because I find it annoying as hell, JMHO. Nothing to do with wearing out my starter.

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
Heh. I don't hate ASS. I leave it on most of the time and when I know I'm going to be a short stop I drop into sport mode.

I don't think it will help in any appreciable way with mileage, but I think it has an accumulative affect lowering emissions. For those who don't like it, you keep rolling coal :)

I don't think new starters are going to die because of it before the end life of the vehicle, but hey, you do you. If you plan to be driving the truck in 25 years, then protect your investment!

Tim H.

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
REALTOR
Both of you let it go! This is an argument. No body is going to or can win. If you don't like ASS, disable it how ever you choose. If you like it or don't care, be happy. Just don't try to justify you decision to anyone else with assumed issues. Yes, anything used more will wear out sooner. Whether that sooner is an issue, there is no proof, just assumptions. We all know what ASSUMING does.

I personally have mine disabled, because I find it annoying as hell, JMHO. Nothing to do with wearing out my starter.
Agreed! That was my point from the get-go!

rbenne17

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
I just got a new 2021 Ranger Lariat a month or so ago and have found an annoying issue. Not sure if its just a me thing, or if there is something I can do to resolve it.

When parking either at home or in lots, when pulling into stalls and coming to a stop, the engine start/stop shuts the truck off before I can shift into park. Then of course it restarts once I shift it, then I turn it off with the button.

Is this a normal thing for a start/stop system? I am coming from an 04 F150, so technology has come a long way since then.
Disable the start/stop function by unplugging it from the negative terminal on the battery.

Blue Streak

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL STX FX 2021 Honda CR V
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Read somewhere once some things go bad from lack of use. Don't know if this pertains to starter's. :crackup: I just push the dam button when I push my trailer tow button, no big deal. i don't like ASS.:like:
Sponsored