Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
whor.us
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4/Sport in Saber Orange
Occupation
Systems engineer by day, maker and multimedia guru by night.
Vehicle Showcase
I wanna pick one of these up, but can't decide on connection. Sounds like it's a straight 12v cigarette lighter socket or plug with this on a pigtail. What's the benefit of the latter?
Distance - If you have the truck, it's the square-ish hole about an arms length into the bed. Easily reachable for a short person like me.

All kits are a 2 pin adapter (because the hole isn't big enough for a full 12v socket). I use a really good sealed connector for the bed side plug/adapter. You can either get the normal V1 kit that is just a marine/socket 12V adapter, or any of the other options to wire it up your own way. Personally I use a Jackery 500 WH battery bank that is strapped to the side of the bed, and the 12V socket keeps it charged, then I can plug in whatever I want when I need it. Others wire in their own breakout panel, 12V fridge, lights, etc.
Sponsored

mark_anderson_us

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 2020
Occupation
Software Developer
Distance - If you have the truck, it's the square-ish hole about an arms length into the bed. Easily reachable for a short person like me.

All kits are a 2 pin adapter (because the hole isn't big enough for a full 12v socket). I use a really good sealed connector for the bed side plug/adapter. You can either get the normal V1 kit that is just a marine/socket 12V adapter, or any of the other options to wire it up your own way. Personally I use a Jackery 500 WH battery bank that is strapped to the side of the bed, and the 12V socket keeps it charged, then I can plug in whatever I want when I need it. Others wire in their own breakout panel, 12V fridge, lights, etc.
Thanks. ordered v5 with pigtail

gmadams

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Super Crew XLT 4X4
Got mine installed. I had previously disabled the time out on the power ports on the dash and found out that the one I installed in the bed now as power all the time too.

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Got mine installed. I had previously disabled the time out on the power ports on the dash and found out that the one I installed in the bed now as power all the time too.
So you have power to the back all the time?! Thats great

DanaBovender

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
From the Florida Panhandle Residing in Germany
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Gov Employee
how did you achieve this? you no longer need the key on accessory?

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Yeah, I'm interested how you did this too. What Forscan setting? I was just told that disabling the power point timeout did not affect the plug in the bed. Want to use it for powering be lights.

WLFPIR8

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
whor.us
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4/Sport in Saber Orange
Occupation
Systems engineer by day, maker and multimedia guru by night.
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I'm interested how you did this too. What Forscan setting? I was just told that disabling the power point timeout did not affect the plug in the bed. Want to use it for powering be lights.
ALL the aux 12v/USB/120v powerpoints are on the same "system", so all are affected (E.g. individually fused, but on the same relay AFAIK). The general powerpoint timeout in Forscan should be the correct one (I haven't changed this myself, but others seem to confirm it works). I think it's set to 2800 seconds by default? Just note that the battery cutoff system should kill all AUX power usage if the battery goes below something like 11.8v.

DanaBovender

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Gov Employee
ALL the aux 12v/USB/120v powerpoints are on the same "system", so all are affected (E.g. individually fused, but on the same relay AFAIK). The general powerpoint timeout in Forscan should be the correct one (I haven't changed this myself, but others seem to confirm it works). I think it's set to 2800 seconds by default? Just note that the battery cutoff system should kill all AUX power usage if the battery goes below something like 11.8v.
I disabled mine and the timeout still shuts off after 1hr and 50 mins.
and to start it it still requires the truck to be in accessory mode to initially power it.

gmadams

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Super Crew XLT 4X4
I used ForScan and changed BCH-726-39-01 setting XXXX X1XX XXXX 1 has the timeout enabled and when you change it to 0 the power ports are always on. At least that is what I did to my power ports to keep them on all the time.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
I used ForScan and changed BCH-726-39-01 setting XXXX X1XX XXXX 1 has the timeout enabled and when you change it to 0 the power ports are always on. At least that is what I did to my power ports to keep them on all the time.
That's the change I was thinking of. Now why is it not working for everyone, or are they charging some thing else?

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
That's the change I was thinking of. Now why is it not working for everyone, or are they charging some thing else?
I used the BCM module to change it, Disabled Power Point Feature.
1609268914874.png

But can confirm after change that was the Hex change, 726-39-01 setting XXXX X1XX XXXX, changed 1 to 0.

I am going on 2.5 hours and power is still there vs stock setting of 4500 sec (1.5 hrs).

Confirmed! this also applies to the rear power ports AND the aux power to the bed.?

And Battery saver will shut them off if the battery gets too low. I can also confirm this as I was doing some testing with low battery (I discovered) and my bed lights would shut off after like 30sec after turning the IGN off. This was before my ForScan mods so had me freaked out a bit! The bed light install was not a quick n easy!

Last edited:

DanaBovender

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Gov Employee
I used the BCM module to change it, Disabled Power Point Feature.
1609268914874.png

But can confirm after change that was the Hex change, 726-39-01 setting XXXX X1XX XXXX, changed 1 to 0.

I am going on 2.5 hours and power is still there vs stock setting of 4500 sec (1.5 hrs).

Oh and this also applies to the rear power ports AND the aux power to the bed.?
okay...but the question is do you have to have the truck in run/accessory mode to initiate the cycle.....I guess the better question is the power active always? In other words do I have to cycle the truck to use my bed lights or is that bed power now always hot?
Sponsored