Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Folks,

A bit of a back story. Our Green Valley neighbors on the next street and Margie and I became good friends. He was the COO of Conoco Oil and Executive VP of DuPont when Conoco was purchased by DuPont. Fabulously wealthy. They owned a 8500 sq ft house in Jackson Hole Wy. We visited them quite a few times. I was always changing light bulbes in this house were the living room valuated ceiling was 2½ story high. The glass window overlooking the Grand Tetons was out of this world...So here I was scaling this extension ladder up to the huge beams at the roof level. Bill held the ladder but it was scary....Then as Bill aged he became dizzy and one time I was up there, bulb in hand to replace the burned out MR16 spotlight and he said..."I am going to collapse...gotta sit down" So here I am 2½ stories up with no support...Decision...down the ladder pdq or change the bulb. So I changed the bulb and the light worked....down the ladder and I told Bill. That is it...hire out any more bulb changes. Not worth being severely injured or killed for a flippin' light bulb...

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
I hate to say it, but this is almost a daily thing here. Just this week, there has been an accident (death) everyday, one was my wife's friend. She was going down a very small road that was covered with bushes. Another biker came into her lane in a curve, on a hill, to pass another rider. She died from hitting her head, NO HELMET. They have a law here you must wear a helmet. You would not believe how stupid people drive here. They will pass going uphill in a curve and think that they own the road. They wont stay in their own lanes, some just ride in the middle. There is a two lane bridge here, they turn it into a 4 lane. They will go into the on coming traffic and drive by everyone to get to a turning lane instead of waiting. Taxis and jeepneys will be in the far right and turn across all traffic to make a left turn. When you are beside one, you have to prepare for things like that happening.

There is a real reason they are blamed for being inconsiderate bad drivers. Although some try and obey laws and drive safe.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Then it dawns on him that it’s a hard left out of the lumber yard ?

85FACF24-1F8F-4841-9A58-EBEBB8D17C40.jpeg
Even scarier is no one in the lumber yard thought to tell him this wasn't a good idea? :facepalm:

KNI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor 2021
Based on Kassa and green tax sticker between letters and numbers, it's someone from Sweden. Based on license plate it's Thule Tgab L0750 2006 with 220kg curb, 750kg gross so net is 530kg. Prolly less than the wet wood on top of it.

With few bucks for traffic bureau web page you could identify which one of the four owners is in the picture.

I'd take it down.

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
Even scarier is no one in the lumber yard thought to tell him this wasn't a good idea? :facepalm:
A couple weeks ago, I was at Menard's and a guy was having one of the employee's load a bunch of hardwood flooring onto his utility trailer and he had placed all of it at and behind the trailer axle. I told the kid he needed to move it all forward or else that trailer will sway and possibly cause an accident with little to no weight on the tongue. The customer was older and asked me if his SUV could handle the extra weight. I talked to him and assured him it could. After seeing sooo many video's of improperly loaded trailers and the havoc they cause, I felt I did my good deed for the day.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
A couple weeks ago, I was at Menard's and a guy was having one of the employee's load a bunch of hardwood flooring onto his utility trailer and he had placed all of it at and behind the trailer axle. I told the kid he needed to move it all forward or else that trailer will sway and possibly cause an accident with little to no weight on the tongue. The customer was older and asked me if his SUV could handle the extra weight. I talked to him and assured him it could. After seeing sooo many video's of improperly loaded trailers and the havoc they cause, I felt I did my good deed for the day.
Mike, good thing you were there to see that. You probably saved this poor guy from a really bad accident. :like:

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Today, is apparently Asshole Day...besides the foolz in the Tacoma thread, Amnesty International sending Millennials around to spiel their "End Gun Violence Campaign".

I just shut door.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Today, is apparently Asshole Day...besides the foolz in the Tacoma thread, Amnesty International sending Millennials around to spiel their "End Gun Violence Campaign".

I just shut door.
Terry, You should've answered the door holding a shotgun. lol