pull string get cookies

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 White Platinum
Vehicle Showcase
Sure there are plenty in here. Thought it’d be nice to open up a thread only for military Veterans and LE. Those who earned the title, not those who call themselves Veterans of whatever they happened to have done in the civilian world.

This is an invite to my brothers and sisters in arms to connect within this ranger5g forum.
Sponsored

SOHK_Alumni

First Name
Win
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2019 Ranger FX4, 2002 Vanden Plas, 1977 Eclat
Occupation
Glorified Mechanic
Over 20 years on active duty in the Air Force as an IT guy.

Bunch of time working with main frame computing before getting into real time data processing for the B2 Bomber's initial flight testing. From there, a miserable few years flying with the E3 AWACS then finished up with CENTCOM's J2.

Many crazy times, and great memories. Did a lot of tough things that needed doing. Yea, AWACS sucked but I'd do it again.

Bomlodr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 SVO, 2020 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Engineer
9.5 years (91-2000) in the Air Force as a weapons guy on F15s, F4s, A10s, and F16s. Hence the forum handle......Germany was awesome and Aviano was a blast every time I pulled in country. Couple of stints in Turkey and Saudi to balance the good with the bad, The whole time was a blur and absolutely would do it all over again.

OP
OP
pull string get cookies

pull string get cookies

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Over 20 years on active duty in the Air Force as an IT guy.

Bunch of time working with main frame computing before getting into real time data processing for the B2 Bomber's initial flight testing. From there, a miserable few years flying with the E3 AWACS then finished up with CENTCOM's J2.

Many crazy times, and great memories. Did a lot of tough things that needed doing. Yea, AWACS sucked but I'd do it again.
Thanks for your service brother. That must have been one historic and one hell of a time.

OP
OP
pull string get cookies

pull string get cookies

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
9.5 years (91-2000) in the Air Force as a weapons guy on F15s, F4s, A10s, and F16s. Hence the forum handle......Germany was awesome and Aviano was a blast every time I pulled in country. Couple of stints in Turkey and Saudi to balance the good with the bad, The whole time was a blur and absolutely would do it all over again.
Thanks to you as well brother. Those are some incredible aircraft that wouldn’t have been combat effective without people like you. All the best to you and yours.

Stangman570

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 4x4 XLT Sport
Thank you Brother for starting a Veterans thread. U.S. Navy six years as an AT (Avionics Tech). Worked component level repair of the F/A-18 Radar AN/APG-65. Stationed at NAS Cecil Field Fl. Multiple deployments on board the Roosevelt CVN-71. I'm a Veteran of the first Gulf War, my first deployment aboard a carrier fresh out of AFTA.

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
To my fellow brothers and sisters in arms: Thank You for your service !!!
22 years as an Air Force medic. Dental assistant for 8 yrs and 14 as a dental lab tech (made crowns, bridges, implants, dentures, etc. ) First duty station was in Ankara Turkey before, during and after the first gulf war....got the ribbon, but no action. I did get to have breakfast with Gen Colin Powell and a "bag drag" (carried and transported their luggage to the hotel) for Pres HW Bush. Spent the rest of my time stateside in IL, OK, TX, CO, and back to TX. Retired 1 Jan 2012.

Ericrcif

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariant FX4
Occupation
Retired
Cool thread. 9 1/2 years Navy and got medically discharged but continued to work for the Department of Navy as a civilian electrician for another 6 years before the base was decommissioned in 2011 and the VA determined I'm 100% permanent disabled. Started as an AT ended up a AE in the end. Spent my career with P3 aircraft. Wife spent two years in Army reserves then 10 as a Navy AO.

OP
OP
pull string get cookies

pull string get cookies

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
There's one in every crowd, I guess. I'm the retired Army puke in the middle of all you fine Air Force and Navy folks. Have mercy and use small words, please!
You’re not alone here Brother, surrounded but not alone, haha. Army 8 years, 13B, two tours OIF.

Azriq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FORD RANGER XLT SUPERCREW, 1966 FORD MUSTANG 331 STROKER, 2010 MERCURY GRAND MARQUIS
USAF UH-1 Huey Crew Chief. 10 years 5 months active duty.

Ranger_Pawl

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Supercab
Occupation
- Draftsman
Where are all the jarheads? I guess I am the first. 4 years USMC 77-81. Parris Island, Camp Lejeune, Futenma Airbase Okinawa, El Toro Airbase Calif. Look back fondly on those days.

l0rdv8r

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.reddit.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2018 VW Atlas
Occupation
CTO @ NASA
USCG Vet - less than a year due to a back injury.... However i was in for IntelOps (CyberSec) which is what i still do, as a civilian for another Government Agency.
Sponsored