First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
At the advice of @KJRR (sorry I've been slacking I'm on vacation ?) the tailgate damper has been left out of the mods section. Now that I've converted many here we need to see what mods you've done to yours and drop ideas for future mods. I know @P. A. Schilke has a custom Ford damper and @BButah was lucky to get a carbon fiber one.

Here's my first damper mod velcro tie to keep it from binding behind the tailgate strap. My second is a blend of essential oils and special oils from a renowned Swiss Dr. which adds 50+ hp. More if you rub it in the right spots.? Maybe now @FoD will break down and get one seeing everyones mods.?

Velcro:Tailgate Strap.jpg
Sponsored

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I want one but my Ranger is still afraid of Dampers.
Hi Al,

Tell your Ranger, Suck it up Buttercup. Then install one!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
Awesome! Now @Texasota has a place to go for his damper fix. If your Ranger is afraid of dampers, its best to slowly introduce them. Purchase the damper and set it near your Ranger; garage, bench, driveway. This way the damper will get used to the damper being nearby. Next keep the damper with you in the cab. Don't try this too soon as your truck may act up by throwing a CEL. If that happens go back to step one, wait a couple days and try again. 3rd step is to put the damper, still in the box, in the bed of the truck. These 3 steps should be able to take place over a week. Next install the damper. Hopefully you don't experience damper rejection as Aragorn did in this tread .
If you do, don't worry, we are here to help.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I want one but my Ranger is still afraid of Dampers.
I figured by now your Ranger would've got over this? Take @KJRR advise. Me on the other hand I would just buy one and put it on and force him to get use to it. I mean what's next a night light on because he's afraid to be alone in the garage? ?

Ok, I did that for the first month with mine.?

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
What a waste of money. Better off using the $ for gas so you can drive it more.:)
The mileage increase you get from a properly tuned damper will pay for itself.

Figarou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Edge ST, 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
At the advice of @KJRR (sorry I've been slacking I'm on vacation ?) the tailgate damper has been left out of the mods section. Now that I've converted many here we need to see what mods you've done to yours and drop ideas for future mods. I know @P. A. Schilke has a custom Ford damper and @BButah was lucky to get a carbon fiber one.

Here's my first damper mod velcro tie to keep it from binding behind the tailgate strap. My second is a blend of essential oils and special oils from a renowned Swiss Dr. which adds 50+ hp. More if you rub it in the right spots.? Maybe now @FoD will break down and get one seeing everyones mods.?

Velcro:Tailgate Strap.jpg
I'm actually thinking of getting one of these made for real. ? That'll be my mod.

61W7kmyMbmL._SL1500_.jpg

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
The mileage increase you get from a properly tuned damper will pay for itself.
Don't forget the bragging rights from smoking all the other trucks with the added hp. ?

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I'm actually thinking of getting one of these made for real. ? That'll be my mod.

61W7kmyMbmL._SL1500_.jpg
But yours will have to have one of those big red circles around it with a line through it. lol

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon