First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I've had one when they was 1st available. I haven't had the time to take pictures of what I did to my Ranger.
Now we have to work on @FoD....Damn he's stubborn! ?

ParkerAzJeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Ranger 2019 Ranger
Okay so I'll just cut to the chase. After the $ I spent on Icon suspension, Wheels, new tires & a stubby antenna the BOSS (lovely wife of 42 years) said No More Dammit. You can't buy a damper, so quit asking. She also said if I had trouble letting the tailgate down that she would assist me.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Okay so I'll just cut to the chase. After the $ I spent on Icon suspension, Wheels, new tires & a stubby antenna the BOSS (lovely wife of 42 years) said No More Dammit. You can't buy a damper, so quit asking. She also said if I had trouble letting the tailgate down that she would assist me.
Then she'll have arms like this.

olive_oyl_flexing.jpg

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Well crap, here I go again. In my effort to be "just like Dave" (@AzScorpion) I went out, and bought a damper before the dang truck has even been built. Now it appears I must go buy some velcro, or the transformation will be incomplete. Dave, I have one question as I really don't want to miss the mark. Is that Ford OEM velcro, or will a Chinese knock off work?

And, many thanks to Al (@Texasota) for mentioning his Rangers psychological aversion to a damper. I could have made a grave mistake, and destined my Ranger to years of therapy. And a heart felt thank you to KJ (@KJRR). I'm forever in your debt. With your step by step instructions of slowly introducing said damper I should be able to have a mentally stable relationship with my Ranger.

God is in his heaven, and all is right with world.

Last edited:
OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Well crap, here I go again. In my effort to be "just like Dave" (@AzScorpion) I went out, and bought a damper before the dang truck has even been built. Now it appears I must go buy some velcro, or the transformation will be incomplete. Dave, I have one question as I really don't want to miss the mark. Is that Ford OEM velcro, or will a Chinese knock off work?

And, many thanks to Al (@Texasota) for mentioning his Rangers psychological aversion to a damper. I could have made a grave mistake, and destoned my Ranger to years of therapy. And a heart felt thank you to KJ (@KJRR). I'm forever in your debt. With your step by step instructions of slowly introducing said damper I should be able to have a mentally stable relationship with my Ranger.

Jim, any velcro will do. Keep in mind though that the OEM Ford velcro will give you added torque. ?

Everyone (@FoD) take note that Jim got his damper before getting his Ranger. Some people are just born smart. ?

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat 4X4
Occupation
Retired

And, many thanks to Al (@Texasota) for mentioning his Rangers psychological aversion to a damper. I could have made a grave mistake, and destoned my Ranger to years of therapy. And a heart felt thank you to KJ (@KJRR). I'm forever in your debt. With your step by step instructions of slowly introducing said damper I should be able to have a mentally stable relationship with my Ranger.

Jim I'll make you a deal. I'll swap you the velcro for a damper :crazy:

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Umm....That would be you. ?
Noooooo, you have to have a damper BEFORE your muscles atrophy off and leave you with Olive Oyl arms. I'm still dealing with the Bluto scenario cause I don't have dainty assisted tailgate (DAT);)
Sponsored

Last edited: