Damper Shamed!

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
We need to attach a solenoid to the latch handle. Throw a switch on the dash to release the handle.
Slowly get out of the truck, walk to the back and your tailgate is down and ready to go to work.
Now, THAT's a good idea! :turkey:

cfhgarza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic XLT 301A
Occupation
Press and weld set-up
Ordered mine on Monday, should be here on Friday. ??

pull string get cookies

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 White Platinum
Vehicle Showcase

pull string get cookies

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 White Platinum
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, that is the reason I put one on my last truck. An F150 tailgate would have done a number on the head of a toddler.
Good sense does prevail. ...notice that I said “good” sense as opposed to “common” sense, as common sense these days is not necessarily good by any stretch.

cfhgarza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic XLT 301A
Occupation
Press and weld set-up
My damper arrived early and I promptly installed it. I just wanted to post the TRUTH since I actuality have one and have used it 3 or 4 times now. The haters were right, its stupid and unnecessary to make opening the tailgate a little easier. I have since removed it, the power locks, power windows and disabled the auto headlights and high beams in Forscan. I'm going full tough guy from now on :crackup:
PXL_20200827_153527861.jpg

In all seriousness it was an easy install and it works great

DevilDog1775

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C
Vehicle Showcase
My damper arrived early and I promptly installed it. I just wanted to post the TRUTH since I actuality have one and have used it 3 or 4 times now. The haters were right, its stupid and unnecessary to make opening the tailgate a little easier. I have since removed it, the power locks, power windows and disabled the auto headlights and high beams in Forscan. I'm going full tough guy from now on :crackup:

Yeah, I was thinking of going a step further on the full tough guy approach... removing the tires. Who needs them? Just the wheels. They are metal and will probably last longer than the tires anyway. Plus, I can spin the wheels much easier and do donuts on dry pavement. The whole tire thing is just a conspiracy of the Rubber Tree Growers Association! Next I am going to swap out the fuel pump and fuel injectors so I can run oil straight out of the ground. No refining for me. Processed food is bad for the body so less processing of crude must be better for my motor.

RangerDangerStranger

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier SV in Tactical Green Metallic
Occupation
Cool Dude
This will go along well with your little girly arms! The softness will give you a girly but!

Ronbo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4+
Occupation
Retired LEO Sgt., USAF & USA Veteran.
Vehicle Showcase

Tough Guy.
1598544181111.png

geophb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I have since removed it, the power locks, power windows and disabled the auto headlights and high beams in Forscan. I'm going full tough guy from now on :crackup:
Might as well disable the power steering, power brakes, and swap in a manual trans. That should flex masculinity even more. ? ??

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I was thinking of going a step further on the full tough guy approach... removing the tires.
1598557316959.png

Why waste time doing Girlyman stuff? Go right here, right now and use them till your nails are all ingrown and then dump the flippers and go like iron Mike man. :muscle: