Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, A whole garage full of motorcycles
Occupation
Engineer
Theres the post that shuts this thread down
I think the angry anal retentive people who typically click that Report button are staying away from this one. I estimate a minimum of 100 pages before we get tired of damper jokes.

Michel Jeanneau

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4 the black beast
My damper arrived early and I promptly installed it. I just wanted to post the TRUTH since I actuality have one and have used it 3 or 4 times now. The haters were right, its stupid and unnecessary to make opening the tailgate a little easier. I have since removed it, the power locks, power windows and disabled the auto headlights and high beams in Forscan. I'm going full tough guy from now on :crackup:
PXL_20200827_153527861.jpg

In all seriousness it was an easy install and it works great
Too late....surrender your man-card; you have been cast out of the club, never to be admitted again :crackup:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Too late....surrender your man-card; you have been cast out of the club, never to be admitted again :crackup:

But now he's in the cool club so it's an upgrade. lol ?

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Yes, cast out, but with the damper in hand it's such an oh-so-smooth landing...

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
I probably would not have considered a tailgate damper if there hadn't been so many posts concerning them. I kept thinking, should I or not. I finally couldn't resist the temptation and ordered one. Installed it today. :rockon:

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
I probably would not have considered a tailgate damper if there hadn't been so many posts concerning them. I kept thinking, should I or not. I finally couldn't resist the temptation and ordered one. Installed it today. :rockon:
So far, been able to live without damper for 25002 days :like:

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
So far, been able to live without damper for 25002 days :like:
Yeah, but I'm older than you and it was time...
(Actually, my 2007 Tundra had a factory damper)

Last edited:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
(Exactly, my 2007 Tundra had a factory damper)

That's what did it for me too. All my F 150's never had one but my '16 Tacoma did and I really liked it. Kind of like back when you got your first car with power windows and door locks. You can live without them but why? ?

adamodonnell

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Analytics Engineer
My damper arrived early and I promptly installed it. I just wanted to post the TRUTH since I actuality have one and have used it 3 or 4 times now. The haters were right, its stupid and unnecessary to make opening the tailgate a little easier. I have since removed it, the power locks, power windows and disabled the auto headlights and high beams in Forscan. I'm going full tough guy from now on :crackup:
PXL_20200827_153527861.jpg

In all seriousness it was an easy install and it works great
Don't forget to remove the AC and Heater. You don't need "conditioned" air. Roll down your window like a man!

jmk68618

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Risk Assessment
I will say, I had ordered the one for the ranger before I had finished the paperwork to take it home. I purchased it after I had one on my '18 F150. Did I need it on the F150? No. It was nice to have it when grabbing lumber I tossed in after a trip to lowes. Plus, the anticipation in the gate guards eyes and happy trigger fingers as my tailgate opened as I drove onto site, always made me happy! I hope to get half the enjoyment from the ranger as I did from the F150.

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Not for much longer though...Your day is coming soon! ?
(Actually, my 2007 Tundra had a factory damper)
That's what did it for me too. All my F 150's never had one but my '16 Tacoma did and I really liked it. Kind of like back when you got your first car with power windows and door locks. You can live without them but why? ?
Says something about old men, weakness and Toyota's, but since never owned a toyota, guess I'll just have to wait for another day ? :turkey:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Says something about old men, weakness and Toyota's, but since never owned a toyota, guess I'll just have to wait for another day ? :turkey:

You certainly didn't miss anything having not owned a Toyota especially a 3rd gen. BTW...Who you calling old man. :punch: ?
Sponsored

Reactions: FoD