Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Jim, any velcro will do. Keep in mind though that the OEM Ford velcro will give you added torque. ?

Everyone (@FoD) take note that Jim got his damper before getting his Ranger. Some people are just born smart. ?
Well, some folks have to save-up before they get into the big boy mod world and the damper is just a gateway mod that sucks everyone in... I just started at the other end and am working my way down to it LOL!!!:crackup:
Sponsored

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
I couldn't convince my wife to drive a Raptor, so I got a damper on my Ranger just like the big boys ?

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO

BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 SCrew
Occupation
US Air Force, retired; now Civil Service (USAF)
Vehicle Showcase
Jim, any velcro will do. Keep in mind though that the OEM Ford velcro will give you added torque. ?

Everyone (@FoD) take note that Jim got his damper before getting his Ranger. Some people are just born smart. ?
Guess that makes a little slow...I didn't get my damper until AFTER I dropped the tailgate...twice. :crazy:

If only you'd started this campaign a year ago :crackup:

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Guess that makes a little slow...I didn't get my damper until AFTER I dropped the tailgate...twice. :crazy:

If only you'd started this campaign a year ago :crackup:
Sorry Bryan, I'll try and keep up on the next new mod. ? At least you were smart enough to get one after that not like some ahem....Terry @FoD . lol I bet I dropped mine a couple dozen times because I was so use to having one before.

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
I went with the red velcro for a little style. Only after my cable was pinched. :facepalm:

20201016_092717.jpg

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 2023 Escape PHEV
I figured by now your Ranger would've got over this? Take @KJRR advise. Me on the other hand I would just buy one and put it on and force him to get use to it. I mean what's next a night light on because he's afraid to be alone in the garage? ?

Ok, I did that for the first month with mine.?
Good grief, Dave! You told us your Ranger is afraid of the dark and acts up without a night light. I didn't want that happening to my Ranger, so yes, I installed a night light on the garage wall the day before bringing him home (pictures below). That night light has been there every day since his arrival on April 6th and fortunately he has not acted up.

When i was plugging it in my wife asked me what I was doing. I explained everything about Dave's woes in Arizona. She just shook her head and went back in the house.

IMG_0155[1].JPG
IMG_0156[1].JPG

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
When i was plugging it in my wife asked me what I was doing. I explained everything about Dave's woes in Arizona. She just shook her head and went back in the house.
I'm sure most of us have our wives shaking their heads with our truck antics. ?

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 2023 Escape PHEV
Awesome! Now @Texasota has a place to go for his damper fix. If your Ranger is afraid of dampers, its best to slowly introduce them. Purchase the damper and set it near your Ranger; garage, bench, driveway. This way the damper will get used to the damper being nearby. Next keep the damper with you in the cab. Don't try this too soon as your truck may act up by throwing a CEL. If that happens go back to step one, wait a couple days and try again. 3rd step is to put the damper, still in the box, in the bed of the truck. These 3 steps should be able to take place over a week. Next install the damper. Hopefully you don't experience damper rejection as Aragorn did in this tread .
If you do, don't worry, we are here to help.
That is excellent advice! Are you by chance a therapist? I'm getting closer to ordering one but not quite there yet. Still working through the night light issues with my Ranger.

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
That is excellent advice! Are you by chance a therapist? I'm getting closer to ordering one but not quite there yet. Still working through the night light issues with my Ranger.
I would consider it more of a truck whisperer. Everyone else just thinks I'm talking to myself. ?

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Good grief, Dave! You told us your Ranger is afraid of the dark and acts up without a night light. I didn't want that happening to my Ranger, so yes, I installed a night light on the garage wall the day before bringing him home (pictures below). That night light has been there every day since his arrival on April 6th and fortunately he has not acted up.

IMG_0155[1].JPG
IMG_0156[1].JPG
It was afraid of the dark but after a month enough was enough! It was tough at first as he kept honking the horn all night long and I'd have to go out and calm him down. It wasn't until I added the damper that he finally calmed down and the honking stopped. See the damper adds way more value than most give it credit for. ?

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I'm sure most of us have our wives shaking their heads with our truck antics. ?
My girlfriend's given up on me. From day one she said "I think you love this truck more than me"? :inlove: Then she stood there waiting for an answer...and waited, and waited...:lipssealed:

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
It was afraid of the dark but after a month enough was enough! It was tough at first as he kept honking the horn all night long and I'd have to go out and calm him down. It wasn't until I added the damper that he finally calmed down and the honking stopped. See the damper adds way more value than most give it credit for. ?
DID SOMEONE SAY WE NEED MORE LIGHTS!??