Considering a SuperCab, Anybody Regret Buying a SuperCab?

Rich

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buel, Moto Guzzi, Z3, '19 Ranger xlt super cab blue
Occupation
Retired
I had the same plan but told by dealer that the trim parts were not ready yet
Sponsored

Traneman

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX 4x4
This is my first SuperCab, and been happy so far. My last two Rangers were regular cab, so this will be nice to throw grocery in the back, and coats when we don't need it.. We have a car, so if there's more than two people then the car will be used.

tugger

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2019 Super Crew Latiat Lightning Blue FX4
Occupation
Register Nurse Emergency Room
This is my third Ranger.My new Ranger is a crew cab, other two were super cabs. Can't beat four doors and the extra room if needed.You will regret no getting the crew cab!!!

Pat Herbert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 corvette and a 2019 Ranger
Greetings all,
New member here and in the market for a 2020 Lariat 4x2, but I am torn between which body style, supercab or crew cab.
I really do not need a full 4 door truck and am wondering if any supercab owners are experiencing buyer's remorse about owning a supercab versus a crew cab.
Any advice/suggestions are welcome !
I like the look of the supercab much better, but the back seats are almost useless. The 6 foot bed and $2000 cheaper sold me on the supercab.

Tinsoldieroh

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had an'86, a '94, and an '05. Left with wife's jeep until the '19 arrives
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
For short trips under 15 miles, an adult can sit in the back, my 5 year old granddaughter has plenty of room, and the 6 foot bed is a must. My Lariat is a beast, love it.

Jim C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger
For short trips under 15 miles, an adult can sit in the back, my 5 year old granddaughter has plenty of room, and the 6 foot bed is a must. My Lariat is a beast, love it.
bottom line is what are you needing it for?
i have no need for the 4 doors & the extra cargo area is great. as for resale, you are buying this for yourself & shouldnt care about the resale at this point, its "YOUR" truck buy it as "you" want it & if you sell it down the road & resale is a little lower then a crewcab big flippen deal, you got what you wanted

Rescue Ranger

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 1998 Ranger supercab 4.0 4X4 xlt
I have had 3 Rangers 86, 96, 98, 1 Toyota 83 SR5, Bronco II 94. The Rangers were all Super Cabs the Toyota wasn't. The Toyota was cramped the Bronco II had decent room but I ended up using it more like a truck. My Baby was my 96 4x2 super cab I had that for 17 years. I had a set of cable chains for it never missed the four wheel drive. I was in it alone most of the time but I hauled 4 drunk friends in it one night. I love the super cab it is great for 2 all the time 5 in a pinch. I plan on getting the new Ranger that is coming out in a super cab. I use my Ranger as a truck, I haul stuff, carry more tools then I should, I tow with it. I don't haul 4x8 sheets of dry wall so I don't need a 8 foot bed but I could if I had too. I looked at the 2 different Rangers at my Dealer I got in both the Super Cab with the half door is it for me.

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
Greetings all,
New member here and in the market for a 2020 Lariat 4x2, but I am torn between which body style, supercab or crew cab.
I really do not need a full 4 door truck and am wondering if any supercab owners are experiencing buyer's remorse about owning a supercab versus a crew cab.
Nope. Need the larger bed

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
Wow. Glad this came back to the top.

Do I regret a scab? Hell no. I looked for a scab. I don't need 4 doors and don't want a 5 foot bed.

I don't care if anyone wants a crew, but I am so glad they offer a scab, cause that is all I want.

Hickesy

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2021 STX SuperCab 4x4
Greetings all,
Just to echo the previously stated opinions that it comes down to use. Usually just two of us and dog. Had two full sized adults in the back though, no problem. Just short'ish journeys though. Love the Supercab. Looks more like a truck and is lighter and faster. They're also not as common. I had some guy only this week beeping his horn at the lights, getting me to roll down the window so he could say he much he loved the truck. Good luck with whatever you decide, either way it'll be a Ranger so you can't lose!

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
Wow. Glad this came back to the top.

Do I regret a scab? Hell no. I looked for a scab. I don't need 4 doors and don't want a 5 foot bed.

I don't care if anyone wants a crew, but I am so glad they offer a scab, cause that is all I want.
Yeah ordered mine. First option. SCAB.

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
Just a few observations...
Bought a scab cause it is what I wanted...no need for a rear seat, but did need the space.
It is very easy to remove the rear seats...bases pop off and seat backs just pull off when you remove the upper bolt holding it on.
Yeah, without the seat backs it is noisy...lot of road noise.
Yes, the rear seat delete parts (2 parts, the back panel and the upper trim piece) are available and run around $300...I know cause I just got mine.
The rear seat delete panel is heavily padded and once installed is even quieter than with the seat backs installed.
Space is now used for a box type platform I made for our two dogs and their dog seats.
For us, the rear opening suicide doors are a big plus as it's easier to load our dogs into their seats.

And, NO REGRETS !!!

IMG_20210816_102331711.jpg

IMG_20210817_094528928.jpg

IMG_20210819_193434821.jpg

IMG_20210819_193503884.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: