Confused with what tire pressure

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
With the bumpy ride the PSI is the first thing I checked... Mine was at 31 on the Hankook 18 tires. Taller tires also mean harsher ride across the board. They look nicer but perform less comfortably transmitting shock
Yeah, I wish there was a 16" wheel option on the lariat. There is no advantage to a bigger wheel on a truck like this, but bling sells to the masses.
Sponsored

SemperVee

First Name
Dar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 LARIAT. 2019 Ranger XLT Traded in.
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I wish there was a 16" wheel option on the lariat. There is no advantage to a bigger wheel on a truck like this, but bling sells to the masses.
You could always advertize to trade with someone who has
You might could find someone to trade to for 17's or buy your own wheels and sell those blingy 18's while they still are new-ish.!

OC4095

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
Occupation
Factory Automation Engineer, Auto School Grad, Car Audio Tech
Vehicle Showcase
I run with 30psi all around on my 17s, but i feel like its still a bit stiff.

On my old full size bronco with 35" BF mudders i ran 25 and it drove so much nicer. I drove 45k miles no issues. Ford had a big problem back with the explorer and firestone tires because they inflated to 25 on a single ply tire. Not firestones fault imo but they took the fall for it.

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
There's another thread about shipping the trucks from the factory with high tire pressures. Dealers are supposed to reduce the pressure to what the door jamb states during the pre-delivery check. Your dealer (and a LOT of others) missed that step.
mine had 50-55psi at delivery, i flipped out and showd sales schmuk the door sticker. he tried to spin it tht the xtra pressure was for winter conditions, yeah right.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Folks,

This has been debated in other threads, but let me again explain. The tire pressure as delivered to the Dealer is NOT for shipping, it is for Seating the bead on the tire to the rim at the assembly plant.. The shipping is at what ever pressure it was when it was picked up by the carrier, be it a haul away or a rail car. The dealer in predelivery is to set the pressure to the door label....Unfortunately, most dealers do not bother and the customer has likely experienced a ride quality not of engineering design intent. Sorry to say, but the customer must ensure their tires are set correctly. Dealers do Ford a big disservice by neglecting the Predelicery process. I admonish all owners to invest in a Dial Pressure gauge and learn how to use it... Okay...I step off my soap box once agail

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

jarcub_XLT

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Technician (Ford)
Ford technician here, we have an SSM for this concern. SSM 48119 if you want to research it. Go with what the yellow/white placard says on your door jam. They were shipped to dealers with high pressure because it was to ensure the beads on the tires were set properly. My placard spec is 30 psi and my Ranger was delivered to me with 40 psi. You can have the dealership shop or a local auto shop adjust the tire pressure or hit up a gas station and adjust it yourself.

maxbottomtime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT SCAB 4x4
This is hilarious. mine were really high (46-47psi), and i asked the dealer "uh i think they are too high, right?" - he read the tire and said "no it says max 50 PSI, you're fine"

there's a reason i do my own work...
Sponsored