First Name
Cris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Ford Ranger XLT, 2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Railroad Conductor
Thanks! Looks like the item I posted won't fit, it has a inner opening of only 31mm.
I just got one in the mail today and still no truck. It's no big deal if it doesn't fit, it cost almost nothing.
Sponsored

Crismac

First Name
Cris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Railroad Conductor
Well I got it to fit not bad for 1$ lol

E66B4EE7-48C7-4D90-8C8A-1CAD5884B06D.jpeg

4AF8A9B5-12FB-4113-9FF9-D4234EEA74D2.jpeg

Crismac

First Name
Cris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Railroad Conductor
I took the protective tape off and stuck it on. Not much to it. No force was needed I see the pictures were kinda blury. I will try to replace them tomorow. Is it worth it? To me I guess, it looks beter than nothing there.

Robert Jay

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT and 2008 Porsche Carrera 4S
Occupation
Retired Antique Dealer
This is unacceptable for a $38k truck. Anyone else’s XL and XLT do this too?

I know that I really wanted that to be a ring but I am sure that it is a reflection. I spoke with the operations matter and he spoke to someone high up in Dord and they said that it was intentionally made without a ring or something to center the egnition. The notches that we see are for there tool to remove the ignition.

Well that is a good thing because the weight of keys over the years, most likely 3 years and 1 day, will damage the ignition switch. I am a wood turner so I am going to attempt to make a ring that will not only look good but insert around the switch. Wish me luck.

jimi

First Name
jimi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
I know that I really wanted that to be a ring but I am sure that it is a reflection. I spoke with the operations matter and he spoke to someone high up in Dord and they said that it was intentionally made without a ring or something to center the egnition. The notches that we see are for there tool to remove the ignition.

Well that is a good thing because the weight of keys over the years, most likely 3 years and 1 day, will damage the ignition switch. I am a wood turner so I am going to attempt to make a ring that will not only look good but insert around the switch. Wish me luck.

please make 2 and i’ll buy one. i had the same idea, but am not a wood turner. i think it’s look great with a wooden ring.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Hello everyone, just purchased new ranger crew xlt 4wd sport package. On the ignition switch there seems to be missing a piece of trim around the key hole? Noticed it after having truck 3 days, called dealer, said bring it in so I did. They told me that that’s the way it’s supposed to be. They only had 2 more rangers on lot and they were lariats with push button start. Can anyone with xlt tell me if their truck is like this also? Go a try loading some pics. Thanks

24DDF4CF-C18A-46BC-AE19-C0B5A9D2F3FA.jpeg

7D8D5729-0754-453B-AB5A-702B3B7FE11C.jpeg
As someone who used to work within Ford's product design, I can tell with good certainty that a finish bezel was meant to be there due to (1), there are 3 visible locking tabs for a trim piece of some type and (2), the flat mating surface was left ungrained on A surface (surface visible to eye). No car company would ever leave any interior A surfaces ungrained unless it is to be covered, painted or plated, but never raw. Cost cutting or oversight? Regardless, this is very poor presentation for critical touch points on a "new" vehicle. Maybe they're too busy working on the next gen Ranger which is due out sometime in late 20-21.

Toytec

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT 302a S/cab 4X4 w/diff lock MG
Occupation
Automotive technician, Retired.
Vehicle Showcase
As someone who used to work within Ford's product design, I can tell with good certainty that a finish bezel was meant to be there due to (1), there are 3 visible locking tabs for a trim piece of some type and (2), the flat mating surface was left ungrained on A surface (surface visible to eye). No car company would ever leave any interior A surfaces ungrained unless it is to be covered, painted or plated, but never raw. Cost cutting or oversight? Regardless, this is very poor presentation for critical touch points on a "new" vehicle. Maybe they're too busy working on the next gen Ranger which is due out sometime in late 20-21.
As someone who works on Fords competition, you sir are spot on. I've removed hundreds of those bezels and seen the exact 3 snap in points. Even my 19 y/o truck has a glow ring around the key cylinder.

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
There's a thread for this, Ford says it's omitted on the XL and XLT trims along with the engine cover.
If its omitted on XL and XLT, but not the Lariat - There HAS to be a FORD part number for this. Looking now. I mean push button start is on ALL or is it an option?

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
If its omitted on XL and XLT, but not the Lariat - There HAS to be a FORD part number for this. Looking now. I mean push button start is on ALL or is it an option?
Push button start is on the dash, not the steering column. It seems like this was a bit oversight for it to be missing, especially since the key cylinder is really loose without it. Seems like those aftermarket options are the best "fix" for it.

Johnpenn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2004 Corvette, 2005 Ranger Edge
Occupation
Retired Quality and EHS Manager
So the F150 ring should fit if the key switch is the same?

Karlye

First Name
Karlyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 Sport
Occupation
Renovation Construction
My ranger XLT is also missing the ring. My dealer did try and find the part but eventually started saying that is just the way it’s supposed to be. I ended up calling ford and filed a complaint as it’s crazy that a $40,000 truck has something left so unfinished. And it appears that this might be all rangers as I’m in Canada and I found a video of an Australian ranger and it’s ring was also missing.

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
My evil mind just thought of a idea. Make a flip off cover for the key hole that disguises it. Then put a start button on the dash as in lariat models. When the thieves push the start button red pepper spray comes out and kills the perp, :angry::devil:

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
My evil mind just thought of a idea. Make a flip off cover for the key hole that disguises it. Then put a start button on the dash as in lariat models. When the thieves push the start button red pepper spray comes out and kills the perp, :angry::devil:
add ejector seat, and this is an awesome idea.
Sponsored