First Name
robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 xlt in blue
Occupation
building maintenance
I went to check mine but I sprayed the heck out of the truck in the fall with fluid film all is quiet .maybe I lubed something up .?
Sponsored

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
I went to check mine but I sprayed the heck out of the truck in the fall with fluid film all is quiet .maybe I lubed something up .?
The chipmunk and mrs are doing great thanks to you :clap:

krisrayner

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Ranger FX2
Any lasting effect on the noise? I suspect that the amount of heat in the region of turbo would make it difficult for any type of spray lube to last very long.

OP
OP
PonyXpress

PonyXpress

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I haven't sprayed mine and it still makes the sound every time I start the truck. While it's under warranty, I don't care. Once warranty is close to running out, I'll take it to another dealer. Other than the noise from this, I don't experience any performance issues. My trucks runs great.

u wish u could ride

First Name
robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 xlt in blue
Occupation
building maintenance
Any lasting effect on the noise? I suspect that the amount of heat in the region of turbo would make it difficult for any type of spray lube to last very long.
just went outside and fired her up still quiet !!and i was under hood!!my fan is veryloud for sure but it settles down pretty quickly . i hear the direct injection only .

OP
OP
PonyXpress

PonyXpress

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
The best place to hear the chrip is to put your head right over the front right tire and look at the part moving back and forth. See the first post of this thread. When you watch it move, you'll know if it's making any noise or not.

OP
OP
PonyXpress

PonyXpress

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
My electronic wastegate control actuator is still making that noise but now it's getting louder. Truck still runs great so it's still not worth going to Ford to only be told that nothing is wrong, go home. I guess I'll wait until it's so loud or when it actually fails.

Has anyone had this part fail and replaced by Ford?

Dmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
My electronic wastegate control actuator is still making that noise but now it's getting louder. Truck still runs great so it's still not worth going to Ford to only be told that nothing is wrong, go home. I guess I'll wait until it's so loud or when it actually fails.

Has anyone had this part fail and replaced by Ford?
They told me the same thing. Under warranty donā€™t worry about it. Not ideal. The squeak only when engine is warming up. Goes away after the start. Still annoys me that it does such. Not sure what kind of damage is possible long term.

Fastfitzy

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I started watching this thread hoping that you OGā€™s would have some sage opinions about the chirp, itā€™s normalcy, need for warranty work, or quick fix. Instead I get notified and return to the thread to find this. And it made me happy. If you like squirrels like I do, check out the documentary ā€œGoing Nutsā€ on Curiosity Stream. ?

navsnipe

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Ranger FX4 Lariat (totaled), 23 Audi Q5
Occupation
Automating Buildings and confusing humans
I would think a little bit of high temp brake caliper grease on the linkage points would do it and not get burned off.

I have not noticed the noise on mine yet.

Machinist1

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SXT
Occupation
Machinist
I would think a little bit of high temp brake caliper grease on the linkage points would do it and not get burned off.

I have not noticed the noise on mine yet.
Hi gentlemen new to your form I have a 2019 ranger SXT FX4 mine had the same chirp it drove me crazy I used Teflon spray to quiet mine down it's colorless and it doesn't attract dirt and bust.

navsnipe

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Ranger FX4 Lariat (totaled), 23 Audi Q5
Occupation
Automating Buildings and confusing humans
Hi gentlemen new to your form I have a 2019 ranger SXT FX4 mine had the same chirp it drove me crazy I used Teflon spray to quiet mine down it's colorless and it doesn't attract dirt and bust.
Curious what product you used. Tri-Flow?

jacobt409

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
2020 Ranger checking in with a flock of chipmunks under the hood. Got the truck with 10 miles and it was dead quiet. Iā€™m up to 600 miles now and itā€™s super loud. Itā€™s almost louder than the rest of the engine at this point.

Trucks running fine, but if anybody rides with me, they always notice it. It does not sound normal.
Sponsored