First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SXT
Occupation
Machinist
Hi gentlemen new to your form I have a 2019 ranger SXT FX4 mine had the same chirp it drove me crazy I used Teflon spray to quiet mine down it's colorless and it doesn't attract dirt and bust.
Dupont Teflon Multi-use Dry wax Lubricant
Sponsored

Ranger33566

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCrew
Occupation
Retired
My 2020 XLT is 9 days old and has almost 180 miles on odometer. I've heard the same chirp sound on initial startups. Truck build date is 8-10-2020.

OP
OP
PonyXpress

PonyXpress

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Thanks for the tip. It was sure hard to find this product, I had to go to ebay. None of my local shops carry it.

1602708948151.png

navsnipe

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Ranger FX4 Lariat (totaled), 23 Audi Q5
Occupation
Automating Buildings and confusing humans
If you have trouble finding Dupont Teflon Lube another option is Tri-Flow. It is a teflon dry lube. I used it on my waste gate linkage and quieted down the squeak.

OP
OP
PonyXpress

PonyXpress

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I went to treat that waste gate linkage today and realized that I don't really know where to put the lube. My bottle is not a spray, so I was thinking I just pour a little on the top side of the control actuator. At first I was thinking to lube the linkage, but I don't think that will help. Before I do this ,two questions.
1. Did you clean anything off prior to applying the lube? I don't really see much to clean myself.
2. How and exactly where did you apply the lube?

Thanks!

Ranger33566

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCrew
Occupation
Retired
Hi gentlemen new to your form I have a 2019 ranger SXT FX4 mine had the same chirp it drove me crazy I used Teflon spray to quiet mine down it's colorless and it doesn't attract dirt and bust.
Can you show us how and where you apply the lube? Thanks

OP
OP
PonyXpress

PonyXpress

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
If you have trouble finding Dupont Teflon Lube another option is Tri-Flow. It is a teflon dry lube. I used it on my waste gate linkage and quieted down the squeak.
Problem not solved yet. I tried using the Dupont, but this one is in bottle and I cannot get my hand in there to pour it on, so that isn't going to work. I need a spray. My local shop only carries Blaster dry lube. I sprayed half a can and it did nothing at all to quiet the chipmunks

I'm now looking for the Tri-Flow DRY teflon dry lube Spray, but again it's hard to find. Where did you purchase yours? A Tri-Flow item number would be very helpful. Each time i search it switches the item to a WET lube.

Also, how much did it take to quiet yours down?

Many thanks!

navsnipe

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Ranger FX4 Lariat (totaled), 23 Audi Q5
Occupation
Automating Buildings and confusing humans
Problem not solved yet. I tried using the Dupont, but this one is in bottle and I cannot get my hand in there to pour it on, so that isn't going to work. I need a spray. My local shop only carries Blaster dry lube. I sprayed half a can and it did nothing at all to quiet the chipmunks

I'm now looking for the Tri-Flow DRY teflon dry lube Spray, but again it's hard to find. Where did you purchase yours? A Tri-Flow item number would be very helpful. Each time i search it switches the item to a WET lube.

Also, how much did it take to quiet yours down?

Many thanks!
I purchased triflow at a bicycle shop a few years ago.

Tim C

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford ranger
Occupation
Pressman
I have this chirp as well. Happens in a small series on initial start up. Assumed it was something normal. Let me know if anyone hears a definitive answer!

Tim C

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford ranger
Occupation
Pressman
Yep, mine does it also. It's only while it's warming up, prior to the fan shifting down from "airplane about to take off" mode. It bothered me at first but I have gotten used to it.
Same for me.

Tim C

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford ranger
Occupation
Pressman

geezmo2020

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 2001 Ranger Edge 2017 Chevy Trax 1978 Camaro Z/28 2013 H/D Switchback
Occupation
Metal fabricator
I'm in the same boat with the damned 'cricket'.

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
To me it sounded like it was pushing or releasing pressure. That would not make sense though if lube is making it silent.

moab360

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Programmer
I know this is an old thread, but I had the same issue on my 2020 Ranger that I was able to fix (for now) with some Teflon lube. The place to lube is the linkage under the Turbo heat shield (circled in red).

1619120903187.png

As many have noted, it's not possible to reach without a spray. Alternatively, you can remove the heat shield if you really want to get in there. It's held on by 3 bolts.

1619121095113.png

I'm guessing the lube will burn off pretty quickly though given the high heat though. My initial go at it was with regular WD40, but that went up in smoke within minutes...