First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
For anyone who’s curious...no. It doesn’t work. If I even have one. When husband gets home gonna get him to dig out my window sticker to see. And yes, I did go by dreaded owner’s manual and also followed @Trigganometry’s method. :)
Yep.

Storm is rolling in. Had to move the truck inside out of fear of hail.

Tried it when I moved her in. No alarm. Shook the hell out the whole truck. Maybe I don't have it, but pretty sure I should. Loaded Lariat w/tech package, remote start from FOB. Ohh well.
You all got me curious so I went out and shook the heck out of mine...Nothing! Only now my neighbors think I'm really off my rocker watching me shaking my truck. :crazy:
Sponsored

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Yep.

Storm is rolling in. Had to move the truck inside out of fear of hail.

Tried it when I moved her in. No alarm. Shook the hell out the whole truck. Maybe I don't have it, but pretty sure I should. Loaded Lariat w/tech package, remote start from FOB. Ohh well.
Me too...I thought.?‍♀

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
You all got me curious so I went out and shook the heck out of mine...Nothing! Only now my neighbors think I'm really off my rocker watching me shaking my truck. :crazy:
I know what you mean. The guy tending the cows across the road from me got quite a show!:LOL:

FloggingBishop

First Name
Tyler W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Operator
So using your logic, getting murdered isn't a concern at all either. I guess there is no need to lock your house at night or own a gun either.
Gun ownership won’t prevent a murder, just change the label and who is doing the dying?

FloggingBishop

First Name
Tyler W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Operator
That is tool of choice here too Phil from what I understand which is why the rebar really slows them down.
I’d laugh so hard if I caught someone stealing mine using anything but a reciprocating saw or a pipe cutter. Shit if it was anything but I’d probably help them and give em $20... clearly they need more help then I do (I’m being obtuse).

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
Is it really an issue?

Or do the local news stations hype it up and pass the same bullshit story around the nation?

Despite the news saying it's an issue here I've yet to hear of 1 individual I know who has had this happen.

A quick Google search shows Denver had 15 stolen in 2019, 257 in 2020, and so far this year 108.

Not something I'm going to waste my time worrying about.
depends on where you are, I know my neighbor in Maine lost his, and a co-worker in Massachusetts, but that's about it. It seems where there is a bigger meth problem, and less other stuff to steal, they turn to the cats.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
depends on where you are, I know my neighbor in Maine lost his, and a co-worker in Massachusetts, but that's about it. It seems where there is a bigger meth problem, and less other stuff to steal, they turn to the cats.
Understood.

But building a rebar cage around your cat is like putting up razor wire on a 10 ft fence around your entire property to keep burglars out.

Not to mention the possible road hazard WHEN one of these cages falls off in traffic.

iMJFIUzPuTPbFLmViQNDVZrGdRFbC0mPeRScCSflP-U.jpg

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Understood.

But building a rebar cage around your cat is like putting up razor wire on a 10 ft fence around your entire property to keep burglars out.

Not to mention the possible road hazard WHEN one of these cages falls off in traffic.

Like I said before, A good set of ARB skid plates will just make them find another victim

FloggingBishop

First Name
Tyler W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Operator
Understood.

If you have a reciprocating saw I’m sure you could get through the 4 bars at the end and still pull that thing out. Just need some extra blades and determination
Sponsored