Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 ChargerDaytona
Occupation
Retired LEO/Dog Trainer
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone looked into something or some way to prevent or at least deter the theft of the Catalytic Converter on our trucks? As they're typically easier to crawl under, that makes them more attractive to thieves. CC theft is high where I'm located, and as my truck is lifted I really don't want to come out to it being stolen. I'd rather pay to deter someone from stealing it then pay to replace it.

Sure, it would provide a performance boost without it, but I'm not trying to take my truck the route of stripping off all the stock components just to achieve it.
QUINNZ.jpg
Sponsored

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
  • Maybe lock the vehicle running- nothing like removing a 750Âş cat.
  • A guillotine-operation spiked curtain around the whole bottom edge of the vehicle. Perp crawls under vehicle> under car motion sensor is tripped> curtain is rapidly deployed, trapping perp>911 & your text alert activated
Unknown.jpeg

mrtimo

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 SuperCrew
If you have dedicated parking space...
My buddy built a wooden slab of railway sleepers. He just parks his truck to straddle over it.
Fairly heavy on its own, but for good measure its pinned to the ground. It cant be slid away.
Interesting idea…hopefully he never experiences an overnight tire deflate.

Reactions: Doc

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Find an old shotgun barrel and strap it to cat facing down... ?

XVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmltYWdlLm9wZXJhdGlvbnMiXX0.jpg

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
im not too worried about the cat. but the idea of some scumbag damaging other stuff trying to get the cat and screwing up my truck really pisses me off. its not like they would care what they cut up in the process. im typically not a cold person but i heard a story about a car falling off the jack and killing a cat thief in the act - i giggled like lil girl. but the best part - someone stole the thugs shoes off his dead body, the car was a prius - i laughed till my fat rolls hurt. :party:
not even sorry. dont care whos kid it was. got what they asked for.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
It happen today to a co-worker's mishubisi suv at work in a well lite area with a lot of traffic. Our work is a fairly nice area with little crime rate.
sadly its now popular in our area. thugs prefer nice places. they would not waste energy trying to steal from shady places. nothing worth taking.
used to be a joke in ft worth - why go to garage sales in dallas, to get your stolen stuff back...
at least texas allows us a tiny amount of basic human rights to protect our self and property. more thieves that get caught, shot or hurt under the car the better lol.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
Put him on ignore..I did ....
my ignore list seems to grow pretty regularly. im sure im blocked by many others lol. works out pretty well.

Reactions: Doc

Djlink

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Crew Cab 4X4
Occupation
Retired Paramedic
Hi everyone, I've been lurking for awhile but this is my first post. I did a search and didn't find anything. I'm moving to a place where cat theft is an issue and I'll have to park outside for awhile. I know Rangers aren't well known for being targeted, but it sure would be easy to get under. Does anyone have anything they recommend?

My Ranger is a stock 2019 Lariat with about 14000 miles. I added side steps, an ATC topper, and of course the damper.:rockon: pic is before steps.

20200518_133332.jpg
I was worried when I first got my 21 until I looked under the truck. The cat is almost impossible to get at. Any thief would look at it and move on.