Carvana is paying big $$

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
There's a Hyundai dealer in our area that includes a 20 year/200k mile warranty on new Hyundais and Kias.

It's just powertrain of course but it's valid anywhere in the country as long as you have maintenance records for the vehicle.

Hyundai has come a long way in reliability. They are ranked 6th in the market now.

More Reliable

1. Mazda (up 1)
2. Toyota (up 1)
3. Lexus (down 2)
4. Buick (up 14)
5. Honda (up 7)
6. Hyundai (no change)

Ford is ranked 22.

Though to be fair some of those rankings are skewed because problems with stuff like Sync brings down overall reliability (I think Sync is the biggest downfall of this truck. The more I use it the more I dislike it)
Since 2004, I have had 3 Hyundai Accents. The bottom model. I never once had to take them in for repairs. Just did routine maintenance. Thankfully, I never had a bad experience. So, to me, they are super duper little cars to get around in. Not about to go back though...LOVE my Ranger! :turkey:
Sponsored

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Since 2004, I have had 3 Hyundai Accents. The bottom model. I never once had to take them in for repairs. Just did routine maintenance. Thankfully, I never had a bad experience. So, to me, they are super duper little cars to get around in. Not about to go back though...LOVE my Ranger! :turkey:
HI Tracy,

No Bye, Bye Butterscotch?

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
no one does, except buying from a reputable dealer will limit that considerably.
i'll keep you updated on further break throughs in reality. i always like to help out internet idiots.
You are one of a kind. Do you really not know that the “reputable dealers” and the other dealers and carvana and literally everybody else who sells cars all get them from the same place: anywhere they can! Car auctions mainly, some trade-ins and some individual purchase.

Do you honestly believe if someone traded in a low mileage, perfect condition, but “oil dilution” ranger into the best most “reputable dealer” you know of that they won’t put a big yellow window sticker on it and park it up on the high-rise and sell the shit out of it? It’s a rhetorical question genius.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Interesting side note:

KBB trade-in has gone up on my truck as well.

High KBB trade-in is almost identical to what Carvana is now offering.

I signed up for the KBB value alert so I'll get notified if the value changes by more than 2%.

Now it's time for me to put up or shut up.

The latest offer is over the point where I told myself I'd let them have it.

But now that the offer is there, I have second thoughts about getting rid of my Ranger as I do like it.

Time to talk it over with the wife...

Samsquanch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition XLT
All of this might have broken carvana. I tried mine this morning just out of curiosity and it wouldn't give me an offer. It says an in-depth appraisal is needed and someone would let me know. This is a '21 with 900 miles.

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
It’s hit or miss. Did the wife’s Lexus this morning and got the “you’ve stumped us” thing. Did it again just now and got an offer.

Roaring Gorilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Ridgeline AWD Sport
I know when I was in the process of selling my Ranger, Carvana gave me an offer of around $26,000 for my 2019 XLT 4x4 SuperCrew. Their pricing really does seem to be all over the place.

I ended up trading my old Ranger in for $28,500 from the dealership where I bought my Ridgeline. I just today checked up to see if my Ranger had sold yet. The dealership wants nearly $33,000 for my old Ranger with almost 30k miles on it! I couldn't believe my eyeballs when I saw that today.

I paid $32,160 for a NEW Ridgeline. Prices are just insane right now.

Samsquanch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition XLT
It’s hit or miss. Did the wife’s Lexus this morning and got the “you’ve stumped us” thing. Did it again just now and got an offer.
I tried to get it again and it still says I need to call in.

GregsFX2Ranger

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT 302A 4x2 Rapid Red Black Appear Package
Occupation
Management
All of this might have broken carvana. I tried mine this morning just out of curiosity and it wouldn't give me an offer. It says an in-depth appraisal is needed and someone would let me know. This is a '21 with 900 miles.
Seems to be having issues with 21's.......19 and 20's get instant quotes it appears.

MoldyTaco

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
College Professor
It looks like I will be keeping my current ranger. I cannot find a new Lariat 4x4 that is not a Tremor at near $50k or is a Supercab. I will keep my eyes open for the Ranger I want and what Carvana is offering.

troutspinner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
wow just wow. Paid 33,529 in Feb.

You folks w unfixable oil dilution, or any other mysterious unfixable conditions, need to take advantage while these values are still crazy.

3C029365-B18E-478F-A475-995B7F4E4520.png
That is nuts. This is $1800 more than what I just paid for my new 2021 4WD Supercrew XLT 302a last week.

For those who were curious about the Tacoma’s, there is a thread just like this on the tacomaworld forum. They are seeing similar craziness but it does seem to be region specific.

AuburnRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lightning Blue Lariat FX4
Closed the deal with Carvana today and it couldn’t have been easier. Guy came right on time for our appointment. Briefly looked over the truck, checked the VIN and mileage, had me sign 4 documents, and handed me a check. Truck is still in my driveway and he said it would be picked up within 24 hours. The whole process took about 10 minutes.
Sponsored