First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4 w/ GFC V2, 1987 Caddy hearse
Occupation
Unretired
Yes, and in 10 years(or less), people still using TikTok will be the old timers. TikTok will be the MySpace of 2030.
i still use myspace
Sponsored

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat - 2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
Absolutely.

The Facebook Moms have already seen the end if their homeland and migrated to TikTok. It's only a matter of time.
I have not migrated yet....I'm not sure TikTok is ready for papaw....:wink:

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
Not going to try and understand the amount of suffering that sidekick went through, but it did it with a struggle and survived.
You want to talk about suffering - in the 80s I lived in C Springs and a number of us would take ski trips to the I 70 ski areas - I rode once with a guy who bought a Suzuki Samurai - horrendous pos, horribly underpowered, hellacious wind noise, cramped. Wouldn't even do 55 mph on the uphill, carburated 4 cyl engine performed like smoldering dog poo at higher elevations.
Thank the lord Suzuki exited the market place.

Now what this thread has caused me to notice is older 4 Rangers in my area - in the past week I've seen a least 6 - and most seemed to be in very good condition.

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
be careful with tiktok. It has lots of hidden features that you can't control or turn off.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hmmm... so am I allowed to be the one yelling "This is a Ford **king Ranger !" as I drive through Walmart lot ? I already have , just wondering if it was OK, by Dic Tok standards I mean ...
Hi NB,

Reminds me of my 22 years as a track side Indy Car official. Japanese driver Hiro Mashusta, rich kid of mediocre talent...Heir to the Panasonic fortune. Pensky driver, Emerson Fittipaldi continually complained about Hiro being in the way... as did other drivers.... So Emerson would key the mike in his Indycar and said that ....King Hiro just blocked me... The delay in keying the mike resulted in the truncation of the Fuc...and so Mashusta became known as King Hiro... All of us officials called Mashusta that too....King Hiro....

KingHiro.jpg

I had a few occasions in the heat of the battle to have to deal with King Hiro...first one was at Mid Ohio where he spun out and I had to respond to him....Not knowing or having delt with him before in calm circumstances, my first words were Do You Speak English? He nodded yes. So I took the wheel of his car and since it was down hill where he was I pointed him down hill. Then got on the rear wing and started pushing him...I yelled 3rd Gear and hear the transaxle click then yelled Dump the Clutch and the engine lit.. Then following my hand signals we got him back into race traffic. So there I was on track during a race....not a safe place...but made it back behind the guardrail....Such is the life of track side officials..

Best,
Phil

MXGOLF

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucille my 2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4 -2007 Yamaha FZ6
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
Phil did you ever work at Portland International Raceway when doing the Indy cars. I never missed a race for many years. Those were fun times. Pit passed and chalet passes.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
I Had an 01 Xterra, an 04 (Desert Runner), 07 and a 17 Pro 4X and never had an issue with any of them. I miss my Pro4x. They sure like to bag on Nissan here, but I think it's mostly the Taco crowd. Too bad for them though that while they were so busy hating, they didn't see Ford taking over their territory.

The 22 Frontier just didn't appeal to me visually. In the past, I've had an S10, Ram 1500, Dakota, Mazda B2200 and my first truck was a 76 Chevy Luv. Never had a Toyota though.

Also in my garage is a Harley, a KTM and a Suzuki, and they all get along just fine.
i was close to a pro 4x fronty... but went ranger last minute based on the options and history of my older ranger. i wouldnt mind a fronty still but not till im doing with the 5g.

Cowboys22

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Business Analyst
Many people in this world think their way is the only way and allow for zero difference of opinion in anything. It’s an unsustainable way to live and too few people actually care to try to change the culture. Things are going to get much, much worse before they have a realistic shot at getting any better.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
:LOL:

As much time as you spend walking those spoiled college kids up there, I'm sure you'd fit in just fine.
You want to talk about suffering - in the 80s I lived in C Springs and a number of us would take ski trips to the I 70 ski areas - I rode once with a guy who bought a Suzuki Samurai - horrendous pos, horribly underpowered, hellacious wind noise, cramped. Wouldn't even do 55 mph on the uphill, carburated 4 cyl engine performed like smoldering dog poo at higher elevations.
Thank the lord Suzuki exited the market place.

Now what this thread has caused me to notice is older 4 Rangers in my area - in the past week I've seen a least 6 - and most seemed to be in very good condition.
Samurais can be cool. But they are NOT meant for highway travel.

c76df3d5c6c288ef54ca78e8de82fc52.jpg

Suzuki made some cool shit.

Watching the Escudo rip up Devils Playground sure was a hoot.

1996_Suzuki_EscudoPikesPeak2.jpg

I believe they were the first to break the 10 minute mark.

They even held/hold the last real PPIHC record, before the entire course was paved.

c_2011_Monster_Sport_SX4_PPSPL_73Front.jpg

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
haha
currently mine is still [email protected]. memba them?
aol bought out netscape.

my emails actually get rolled over to aol
lol I remember Netscape! What's worse is remember having to wait for the dial up connection? The sometimes it would disconnect and you'd have to start all over. :facepalm: Now we're impatient if a page or photo doesn't load in half a second. lol

Oh I hated this sound. ?

Sanctus Rimor

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 RMT Ranger
I never understood the diehard brand loyalists that will literally start an argument (or fight sometimes) with you over their favorite brands. Do they think these companies give a crap about them? I just buy what I like. Today I like the Ranger, next time I may like the Frontier. I have my preferences like everyone else on different things, gun brands, car brands, etc. but I'm not a loyalist to any brand. If I like it, and I feel it's the right choice for me, I buy it. I've had Silverados, Rams, Froniters, Fords, Toyotas, etc. Each brand had their pros and cons. My dad has been a mechanic for 40 years and is all about Toyotas, I never once ragged on him for buying a Toyota, nor has he ragged on me for buying a Ford.
The absolute worst and most obnoxious brand loyalists I have ever encountered are the cult of Ardbeg. Now, they do make some absolutely amazing whiskies, but their master distiller could piss in a bottle and label it, and they'll declare it the new greatest thing.
Sponsored