Can I simply use take-offs from an FX4 package?

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
For the love of the sweet baby jesus, please don't perform a puck-based carolina squat on your truck.

FUEPMvwKPhrhJuUr3QNST9GzyH304lgRDFMCK2zVpUE.jpg

Not only is a three inch lift going to stress the hell out of your CVs, ruin your ride quality, and limit suspension travel, but you really can't just modify the front suspension only, call it "a leveling kit," and leave it there. Different, conflicting spring and damping rates front to rear are going to cause your truck to handle and ride like shit, impact stability etc etc etc etc.
Optimal dumping position (and who cares if the tailgate drags on the ground). =)

download (2).png
Sponsored

NOVA_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I've run the stock FX4 shocks with leveling spacers on my truck for 55k miles with no issues. That said, I don't expect my truck to ride like a Cadillac or handle like a Porsche. Bottom line, you'll be fine with those take-off shocks/tires and no need to overthink it beyond that.

If you desert race and/or autocross your Ranger on the weekends, maybe consider some of the more expensive options. Like I said, never had any issues here.

Last edited:

ctechbob

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL/FX2/STX
Occupation
Adult Daycare
This poor AI dog needs to go the vet, stat!

1709763452167.png
Sponsored