Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Crew Cab XL FX4
Occupation
Video Producer
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Rick.

They are great. Not true rock sliders as they are bolted to the body not the frame. They use the same 6 holes as factory steps, but provide upgraded bolts, and are fully welded 2 inch steel tubing. They are very tough and I expect they will hold up to everything short of very hard drops.

Strong enough to be used as steps, but just round 2 inch steel pipe on the outside, no flat spot or step area per se, and tight to the rocker so tough to step on perpendicular. They do have a gritty texture so grip is pretty good while it lasts.

I love the look and quality, but I think there are actual rock sliders available for about the same price. Being in Canada the options were limited and these were advertised as available so I bought them.
Thanks for the thorough response. I will take into account they are not true rock sliders, but well built nonetheless. Keep up the posts. I look forward to seeing your rig build progress... and adventures!
Sponsored

OP
OP
JACKSMYDOG

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
So I have done a bunch of work since last updating this thread, but Ima do my best to get all the current updates included today, and have some others going on over the next week or so.

Additional box tie downs added to the rear pillar. Carriage bolt with nylocks installed from removing the tail light.

S5u0UVw.jpg

Two additional factory tie downs added to the mid point, and high point on the forward pillar (which is likely not the intended purpose of the pre-drilled/threaded holes, but worked well enough)

1PXeBaO.jpg

Shrockworks #2, 3 & 4 steels skid plates.

IeQImzQ.jpg

Putco Blade tailgate light bar on the rear of my Prinsu roof rack.

Ge3cOMV.jpg

Plasti-dip the white lights on my 3rd brake light. The Putco light bar reverse light is wired to my S-pod controller so it replaces the white cargo light, not connected to the reverse switch of the truck.
r2SVDUs.jpg

Morimoto XB headlights and RTR grill (also cut away the lower grill surround to accommodate a light bar going on this week).

J9OC7H7.jpg

YpONfwy.jpg

OP
OP
JACKSMYDOG

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Rigid E-Series Spot Midnight 30 inch light bar installed today. Not wired yet, but got the holes drilled and hardware installed. The lens picked up some flash from the camera, but the light bar is much darker than it appears in the photo, and blends in very nicely with the blacked front end.

311 watts
22.2 amps
32,700 raw lumens

ELqF6ma.jpg

OP
OP
JACKSMYDOG

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Baja Designs S2 Pro yellow driving pattern.

nik3C4q.jpg

OP
OP
JACKSMYDOG

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
A 2nd set of Baja Designs S2 Pro, but white driving pattern as ditch lights, and 4' Firestick CB antenna.

NAYHWuH.jpg

Rigid Radiance Scene flush mount reverse lights and an Amazon cheap-o trailer hitch brake light.

Kc2gLX9.jpg

ARB Safari snorkel.

ejR4XPK.jpg
Sponsored