Camp lights on bedrack, what's your setup?

ReigleCM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
NASA Geospatial Analyst
We are looking to add some camping flood lights to our bed rack, thinking of this kit from KC. Does anyone have a similar setup? Is anyone running chase lights that can switch between beam patterns to easily switch to some camp lighting?
Sponsored

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
I think Jack ( @OFC Ranger ) has bed rack lights with variable settings that might work. If you check out his Showcase, you might see them. It links from his profile.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
We are looking to add some camping flood lights to our bed rack, thinking of this kit from KC. Does anyone have a similar setup? Is anyone running chase lights that can switch between beam patterns to easily switch to some camp lighting?

You don't need to spend $185.00 on a pair of camp flood lights...

Granted my setup is is going to differ from yours, I have 12 of these for $150. They provide full perimeter lighting. They can be angled down as needed.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08THWXFRJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Had them nearly a year with zero issues. Every few months I put a coating of graphene on the lenses to reduce UV yellowing damage.

IMG_20220108_102540.jpg

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
DIY...my chase light bar in normal mode functions as brake-turn tied to tail lamps...they're not used as area light as they can't compete with the other lights... ?

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
You don't need to spend $185.00 on a pair of camp flood lights...

Granted my setup is is going to differ from yours, I have 12 of these for $150. They provide full perimeter lighting. They can be angled down as needed.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08THWXFRJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Had them nearly a year with zero issues. Every few months I put a coating of graphene on the lenses to reduce UV yellowing damage.

IMG_20220108_102540.jpg
The Light Hounds have showed up... ?

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I've been trying to find good lights that won't kill me on cost. I like the flush mount style and would build/design/3D print a bracket to angle it towards the ground, but $60 a light is too rich for my blood. I need 4 to get the coverage I want.

khyros

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Crewcab FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Here's my setup. I just bought random 42'' LED light bars (single row) from Amazon - one for each side, and mounted them between the towers - they're secured but loose enough that I can rotate them. I still haven't actually used them along with the paddles to know if I need to relocate the paddles out of the way, but I plan on doing that anyways this winter. I also have small pods in the back that double as reverse lights as well.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/attachments/20210527_193203-jpg.88930/

Here's my writeup on it: https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/thre...-and-a-new-3rd-brake-light.12187/#post-243460

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
I've been trying to find good lights that won't kill me on cost. I like the flush mount style and would build/design/3D print a bracket to angle it towards the ground, but $60 a light is too rich for my blood. I need 4 to get the coverage I want.
I was originally going to flush mount on my panels, but that would involve a whole lot of metal cutting and basically kill the idea that the panels allowed for modularity in possible upgrades in future.

The lights I linked were the flastest, not flush, adjustable design I could find.

OP
OP
ReigleCM

ReigleCM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
NASA Geospatial Analyst

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
I've got 4 coming in today along with some rocker switches and wiring kit. Gonna try and get them installed before this weeked's trip
Nilight has come a long way since they first appeared on Amazon. These particular lights have been rock solid and they feel that way too. You'll see once you hold one in your hand.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase