First Name
Liam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor Lariat
Occupation
Mechanic
hey guys, been looking for a walkthrough on installing pillar lights on a tremor. found a few but mostly for fx4. i just have the 2 leds and some wire and solder. do i need to run a fuse? and tips or tricks would be nice.
Sponsored

Dr3wDrop

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
Run the positive wire from the lights to the aux switch wire behind the driver side headlight. Run the negative to the battery or ground. No fuse needed on the Tremor as it is built in.

OP
OP
KennethOwenReid
First Name
Liam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanic
Run the positive wire from the lights to the aux switch wire behind the driver side headlight. Run the negative to the battery or ground. No fuse needed on the Tremor as it is built in.
Thanks for the info. That’s great. I wasn’t sure about the fuse. Easy enough ??

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
One thing I will say about the ground. Go to a chassis ground instead of the battery directly. Why you ask? The is a sensor on the ground cable that meters the amp draw. Grounding to the battery bypasses that sensor and the Alternaotr may not charge correctly.

OP
OP
KennethOwenReid
First Name
Liam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanic
One thing I will say about the ground. Go to a chassis ground instead of the battery directly. Why you ask? The is a sensor on the ground cable that meters the amp draw. Grounding to the battery bypasses that sensor and the Alternaotr may not charge correctly.
Good to know. Thanks for the advice. Do you know off hand where the nearest chassis ground is located? I’d like to have all the info before I go to install. Free time is scares these days

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Good to know. Thanks for the advice. Do you know off hand where the nearest chassis ground is located? I’d like to have all the info before I go to install. Free time is scares these days
The entire chassis/body is the chassis ground when you think about it. If you follow the cable from the battery you wil see a good point on the drivers fender
Sponsored