Bed lights staying on?

lil doopahead

First Name
Dommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
I was hoping you fine folks might be able to give me some insight.

A couple of times now, with no clear reason, the little multiple lights within the bed of the truck have been on, and remained on after the truck is off. I’ve watched for about 5 minutes to see if they would shut off on their own— to no avail. I turned it on and off again, seemed to work. To be honest, I’m not sure how to turn them on or off, manually, if that’s even possible. I hadn’t ever seen them on until the other day when this happened, and just now again.

One love and happy new years you beautiful muhfxz ?
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I was hoping you fine folks might be able to give me some insight.

A couple of times now, with no clear reason, the little multiple lights within the bed of the truck have been on, and remained on after the truck is off. I’ve watched for about 5 minutes to see if they would shut off on their own— to no avail. I turned it on and off again, seemed to work. To be honest, I’m not sure how to turn them on or off, manually, if that’s even possible. I hadn’t ever seen them on until the other day when this happened, and just now again.

One love and happy new years you beautiful muhfxz ?
There's a button to the right of the main headlight dial, closest to the steering column. If you push that it'll leave the bed light on.

Happy New Year!!

IMG_4864.jpg

OP
OP
lil doopahead

lil doopahead

First Name
Dommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
There's a button to the right of the main headlight dial, closest to the steering column. If you push that it'll leave the bed light on.

IMG_4864.jpg
I did see that, which leads me to another (yet less concerning) issue. That button doesnt seem to do anything for me, as far as that top bedlight o_O Buuuuttttt the 2 lil guys below (and their siblings on the opposite side) are the ones that were oddly on

24CE0123-E849-4A19-A57B-9CC9C07407D5.jpeg

OP
OP
lil doopahead

lil doopahead

First Name
Dommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT

Happy New Year!!

IMG_4864.jpg
Ahhh are they all supposed to function off that switch?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Ahhh are they all supposed to function off that switch?
There was no picture in your initial post so I thought you were talking about the light near the 3rd brake light. Those other lights you have are aftermarket ones, did you add these? If not there must be a switch or they're wired into that main button.

OP
OP
lil doopahead

lil doopahead

First Name
Dommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
There was no picture in your initial post so I thought you were talking about the light near the 3rd brake light. Those other lights you have are aftermarket ones, did you add these? If not there must be a switch or they're wired into that main button.
Aha makes sense!! I bought the truck with them, I just assumed they were standard ? I’ll have to play around with the buttons— there is an aftermarket switch for the light bar. Probably some wiring shenanigans ?

Edited to thank you dude!!!! ?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Aha makes sense!! I bought the truck with them, I just assumed they were standard ? I’ll have to play around with the buttons— there is an aftermarket switch for the light bar. Probably some wiring shenanigans ?

Edited to thank you dude!!!! ?
Try the light bar switch first and close the door and see it they remain on. If it's not that one try the factory one for the overhead cab lights and if that doesn't work start drinking and wait until Monday. ??

OP
OP
lil doopahead

lil doopahead

First Name
Dommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Try the light bar switch first and close the door and see it they remain on. If it's not that one try the factory one for the overhead cab lights and if that doesn't work start drinking and wait until Monday. ??
Well that’s it!! My knobby knees must be bumpin the switch inadvertedly while gettin in and out. Now I won’t have to manically vape the night away ???? Cheers sir!!!!
Sponsored